STAR TREK 2d20
Page 5 of 17 First ... 3456715 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by bmos View Post
    did the problem continue?
    I'm not sure when the fix really took hold, but I just tried again with the 1.3 release and I'm not getting that error anymore. Thanks for your efforts on resolving that!

Follow-up feature request: one of my players likes to have subcontainers for categorizing (like "tools" inside the bag, where thieves' tools and kits are designated in the "tools" category). Is it possible to have the bag roll up the weight of child containers? In this instance, it looks like:
    Code:
    Bag of Holding (contents weight: 5)
    | - some item [Bag of Holding] (5)
    | - Tools [Bag of Holding] (0)
    | - | - Thieves' Tools [Tools] (1) // this weight is not currently included

Quote Originally Posted by anathemort View Post
    I'm not sure when the fix really took hold, but I just tried again with the 1.3 release and I'm not getting that error anymore. Thanks for your efforts on resolving that!

Follow-up feature request: one of my players likes to have subcontainers for categorizing (like "tools" inside the bag, where thieves' tools and kits are designated in the "tools" category). Is it possible to have the bag roll up the weight of child containers? In this instance, it looks like:
    Code:
    Bag of Holding (contents weight: 5)
    | - some item [Bag of Holding] (5)
    | - Tools [Bag of Holding] (0)
    | - | - Thieves' Tools [Tools] (1) // this weight is not currently included
    That's an awesome request! Thanks.
    It might be hard to implement but I'll give it a shot.

I think that would be a great addition.

Side note: (for 5e) I did make an adjustment that my group wanted. I added 'horse' to your list of containers so we could track what was be carried on the horses. We add a 'horse' to the inventory and unequip it, then list items under it. Now we can see how much is being carried and if it is more than the horse can handle.

This was our solution for not having a transportation section on the inventory. Works good. Makes me think there is a space for transportation/beast of burden ext.
    Last edited by nephranka; May 28th, 2021 at 00:30.

This morning I noticed that by placing items inside a container, then placing that container inside a bag of holding, the weight does not get added to the bag of holding but instead added to the character's encumbrance. Has anyone else noticed this? It's easily mitigated and an unusual use but thought I'd point it out in case it's not intended behavior. Can provide additional context if needed.

Really love this (and all of your) extension(s) though! Thanks for your time on these and keep up the awesome work!

Quote Originally Posted by ret View Post
    This morning I noticed that by placing items inside a container, then placing that container inside a bag of holding, the weight does not get added to the bag of holding but instead added to the character's encumbrance. Has anyone else noticed this? It's easily mitigated and an unusual use but thought I'd point it out in case it's not intended behavior. Can provide additional context if needed.

Really love this (and all of your) extension(s) though! Thanks for your time on these and keep up the awesome work!
    Yup. That is listed on the bug tracker linked in the first post. I haven't figured out how to make that work intuitively yet, but I hope to find a solution eventually.
    Anyway, thanks for taking the time to report it. Feedback is always appreciated.

Yup. That is listed on the bug tracker linked in the first post. I haven't figured out how to make that work intuitively yet, but I hope to find a solution eventually.
    Anyway, thanks for taking the time to report it. Feedback is always appreciated.
    bmos, I would remove the mundane container subitem weight add for encumbered weight. Once both types of containers are filled, run through the mundane containers (since the table is now populated), and check to see if any of them are within extraplanar containers. If they aren't, the container subtotal can be added to encumbered weight. You could also do a second if statement in the mundane container subitems to avoid adding the weight to encumbered weight if the mundane container is in an extraplanar container.

Quote Originally Posted by DCrumb View Post
    bmos, I would remove the mundane container subitem weight add for encumbered weight. Once both types of containers are filled, run through the mundane containers (since the table is now populated), and check to see if any of them are within extraplanar containers. If they aren't, the container subtotal can be added to encumbered weight. You could also do a second if statement in the mundane container subitems to avoid adding the weight to encumbered weight if the mundane container is in an extraplanar container.
    Implemented, tested, and released

I took a look and I have some observations.

When I put a longbow in the backpack and the backpack into the bag of holding, the weight reported in the bag of holding only counts the backpack and backpack is not reporting the bow's weight.

As Soon as I try to change the location on backpack from the bag of holding it throws an error (s1).

I did not see the ext in the ext folder. I would like to add some ExtraplanarContainers like the quiver of ehlonna and handy handkerchief as well as some mundane containers like chest, case, sack, and horse. Can these be added or the ext moved so we can access it?

Thanks for all the work on this ext. I really have come to use it a lot.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by nephranka View Post
    I would like to add some ExtraplanarContainers like the quiver of ehlonna and handy handkerchief as well as some mundane containers like chest, case, sack, and horse. Can these be added or the ext moved so we can access it?
    Quiver of ehlonna should already be supported, but I just posted an ext in the first post to allow custom containers (as I did with denominations for Coin Weight).

I took a look and I have some observations.

When I put a longbow in the backpack and the backpack into the bag of holding, the weight reported in the bag of holding only counts the backpack and backpack is not reporting the bow's weight.
    Extraplanar Containers v1.5-hotfix.1
    * Items in mundane containers within extraplanar containers will no longer have weight counted unless equipped. Thanks to DCrumb for suggestion on how to fix.
    * Horse, Mule, and Donkey are now mundane container search terms.
    * Some code reduction
    * HOTFIX: Horse, Mule, and Donkey are now extraplanar container search terms instead of mundane container search terms.
    * HOTFIX: Weight issues with stacked containers.
    Click here to see raw code changes

As Soon as I try to change the location on backpack from the bag of holding it throws an error (s1).
    Haven't been able to reproduce script error, can you post it?
    Last edited by bmos; September 1st, 2021 at 02:24.

Quiver of ehlonna should already be supported, but I just posted an ext in the first post to allow custom containers (as I did with denominations for Coin Weight).

Extraplanar Containers v1.5-hotfix.1
    * Items in mundane containers within extraplanar containers will no longer have weight counted unless equipped. Thanks to DCrumb for suggestion on how to fix.
    * Horse, Mule, and Donkey are now mundane container search terms.
    * Some code reduction
    * HOTFIX: Horse, Mule, and Donkey are now extraplanar container search terms instead of mundane container search terms.
    * HOTFIX: Weight issues with stacked containers.
    Click here to see raw code changes

Haven't been able to reproduce script error, can you post it?
    Thank you...I did not see the custom containers. That was perfect!
    Thanks for the horse!

Finally, the error comes when you try to change the location name. In this example I deleted the 'g' in bag of holding on the location of the backpack and it throws it.

Edit: Also, it only errors if the item is carried or equipped when you edit the location.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by nephranka; September 1st, 2021 at 11:12.

Thread Information