Starfinder Playlist

Story template multicolumn issue

Hi
    I want to create a template story displaying a table that has 4 columns, each column has one value.

The values are stored in a multicolumn table called THISTABLE .
    THISTABLE has four columns and three rows
    Imagine something like Column A/B/C/D and rows 1/2/3.
    So THISTABLE content is 1A,2A,3A,4A,1B,2B, etc

In the Story template
    I create a table of four cells containing [THISTABLE|1] / [THISTABLE|2] ] / [THISTABLE|3] ] / [THISTABLE|4] ]
    The ambition it every time I run the story template i get a nice table with
    1C/2C/3C/4C

but instead I get things like
    1C/2A/3D/4B

and I want to cray :-(
    To my understanding it looks like each time I call the table is rolling again, instead of catching the value from an existing array (not sure if it works this way but I hope you get what I mean)
    What I´m doing wrong?

You are doing nothing wrong. You are quite correct that each time it calls the table it rolls on the table so each time it will roll on the column specified and return a random result from that column.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

so, what I'm trying to do is not possible?
    the only option is to call [THISTABLE] and get a raw 1C;2C;3C;4C; text?

Yes, I'm afraid so. The only way a multicolum table will work from a template is if you want a random result from a particular column. You can't specify one roll and then have the results from that row appear in columns.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

UPDATE: you can now do this.

Roll [?THISTABLE] (which will hide the results)

Later call any column you want from the previous roll using #THISTABLE|1# where the “1” is whatever column you want.

Thread Information