DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 2 of 2 First 12

Quote Originally Posted by seycyrus View Post
    I'm not sure if this counts as automation, but it is something that used to exist that is lacking now.

We need a hotkey or something to be able to apply an effect to the target of the current actor in the combat tracker. You used to be able to just hit "Alt + EffectName" and it would be applied to the target. This would help me (and others hopefully) out immensely.
    This sort of thing is generally not handled by the ruleset, it a feature of Core. I think you've brought this up before. I will investigate.

Quote Originally Posted by seycyrus View Post
    It would be nice if hit locations could be taken into account when damage is applied and a "crippled" status applied.
    This is on the todo.
    Timezone: Australian EST (GMT +10).
    Systems/Rulesets: GURPS 4th Edition.
    Campaigns (Ultimate License Holder)
    GURPS Traveller - The Empty Peace
    GURPS Shadowrun - Power Plays
    GURPS Banestorm - Dark Clouds Rising

Ok, I thought of another one.

I'm not sure if this is possible or even worthwhile, but here goes.

Currently when an N/PC is using a ranged weapon and taking the Aim maneuver, I choose a target, drop an Effect on them called Aiming that's set up as an SEC+ and let it keep track of how long they're aiming for. When they decide to fire, I double click on the Acc for the weapon so it adds this to the Modifier Stack. I add the Modifier of Aim 2 or Aim 3 (that I created), depending if they aimed for just one additional round or two, add the range modifier, and then have the attack roll made.

It would be nice if this could be automated. A target is chosen. The Aiming Effect is applied. When it's time to attack, the Range is pulled from the Target info on the Combat Tracker. The Aiming bonus is determined from the time aimed and the Acc bonus.

Definitely not easy, but considering the amount of information that has to be gathered from multiple sources, it'll definitely benefit from automation.

If it can be done.

Quote Originally Posted by X the Unknown View Post
    Ok, I thought of another one.
    It would be nice if this could be automated. A target is chosen. The Aiming Effect is applied. When it's time to attack, the Range is pulled from the Target info on the Combat Tracker. The Aiming bonus is determined from the time aimed and the Acc bonus.
    This would be possible (if a little tricky) and something SJG would have no problem with. If this is something you want to tackle, I can include it into the ruleset.
    Timezone: Australian EST (GMT +10).
    Systems/Rulesets: GURPS 4th Edition.
    Campaigns (Ultimate License Holder)
    GURPS Traveller - The Empty Peace
    GURPS Shadowrun - Power Plays
    GURPS Banestorm - Dark Clouds Rising

I don't know if it would be possible to do the following:
    Let's say I have a Longbow and a Hip Quiver with 20 arrows, each time I shot it decreases the number of arrows in the counter, but it would be possible to make it decrease the number of arrows in the inventory and more, I saw the improvements and loved it , but the question is:
    Is there a possibility to place the NH and trim based on the skill level?
    Example: I have DX 13, but my Short Sword skill is 14 so when I bought a Short Sword he would add Level 14 to perform attacks and would already determine my Parry to be 10.

Quote Originally Posted by ronnke View Post
    This would be possible (if a little tricky) and something SJG would have no problem with. If this is something you want to tackle, I can include it into the ruleset.
    Sly hand off! Nicely done.

I haven't taken a look at the code yet. I was serious when I said:

Quote Originally Posted by X the Unknown View Post
    I was just taking my first step into this...
    Let me take a look at the code, see if I can come up with a solution, and I'll get back to you. Like you, regular work does get in the way.

Quote Originally Posted by ronnke View Post
    ... <question regarding applying effects to target of current actor> ...This sort of thing is generally not handled by the ruleset, it a feature of Core. I think you've brought this up before. I will investigate.
    Ronnke, were you able to look into this? Who/where should I be posting this line of questioning? In the general "core" forum?

Thread Information