STAR TREK 2d20
Page 4 of 4 First ... 234
    Hi Rainbird,

Thanks for the extra information. No, you didn't jump the gun. I thought I got the right field that is linked but I missed a spot. I will get it in the next update.

Dakadin

Thanks Dakadin.

You are a star!

Rainbird

Hi Rainbird,

The issue with the custom Init Mod not being used should be resolved in Tuesday's release. Please let me know if you see any other issues with it since I use the default values in my games.

Thanks,
    Dakadin

Hi Dakadin - I'll check and post back here.

Thanks,

Rainbird

Hello Dakadin - just tested the Init mod box and the manual and auto rolls on the CT. All working perfectly for the RMC 1 200pt init system.

Once again, many thanks for making this work (especially as I appear to be the only one desiring this!!).

Regards,

Rainbird

Quote Originally Posted by Rainbird View Post
    Hello Dakadin - just tested the Init mod box and the manual and auto rolls on the CT. All working perfectly for the RMC 1 200pt init system.

Once again, many thanks for making this work (especially as I appear to be the only one desiring this!!).

Regards,

Rainbird
    You might be the only one doing it within FG but I wouldn't be surprised if someone else has done something similar. I used to use the revised version in RMC 4 before I started using FG. I went to just using a simple initiative round but I have thought about doing it within FG. I even have a few ideas how I would modify FG to provide better support for it. The issue is just finding the time with everything else that I need to get done.

I would like to hear how you are doing the 200 point initiative system within FG. I have a pretty good idea but would like to verify it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakadin View Post
    You might be the only one doing it within FG but I wouldn't be surprised if someone else has done something similar. I used to use the revised version in RMC 4 before I started using FG. I went to just using a simple initiative round but I have thought about doing it within FG. I even have a few ideas how I would modify FG to provide better support for it. The issue is just finding the time with everything else that I need to get done.

I would like to hear how you are doing the 200 point initiative system within FG. I have a pretty good idea but would like to verify it.
    FG does have the % system which makes it very clear what PCs can achieve during a round but I prefer the (what I see as) added flexibility of the 200 system. Spell casters become more powerful but my players don't try to 'game' the system so we maintain balance (and NPC magic-users become a thing of terror :-) . I use the RMC 4 version

As to how I'll use it in FG? I'm testing how the CT initiative value can be adjusted, round to round, to reflect the actions taken/spells cast. Much like the % question raised on a recent thread. It will take a bit of mental maths, but I'm fine with that (as are most who play RM ) as it's (mainly) bow reloads and spell casting.

Although if you do have any suggestions how you would run it in the current format, I'd be very interested (I'm here to learn )

Thanks again for making this work. I'm certainly not hoping for any more of your time and effort to implement further functionality on what is a niche issue.

You're a star - cheers!

Rainbird

Hi Rainbird,

Just some quick thoughts off the top of my head:
    • Change the Option for Initiative so it uses Open-Ended rolls
    • For PCs, use the Init Mod to adjust for the temp quickness
    • For NPCs, use the new custom init mod to get their init mod to the appropriate value
    • Use effects to keep track of things like when spells are cast. Include the init in the description and there is an Init field on the effects that you could manually type in. When you get or pass the initiative where it should happen, it should put an expired notice in the chat so you can resolve it.

Hopefully that helps.

Dakadin

Quote Originally Posted by Dakadin View Post
    Hi Rainbird,

Just some quick thoughts off the top of my head:
    • Change the Option for Initiative so it uses Open-Ended rolls - Yep, I use this.
    • For PCs, use the Init Mod to adjust for the temp quickness - Yep, I include the temp Qu and the racial Qu bonus.
    • For NPCs, use the new custom init mod to get their init mod to the appropriate value - Yes, the reason I requested the change to the input field.
    • Use effects to keep track of things like when spells are cast. Include the init in the description and there is an Init field on the effects that you could manually type in. When you get or pass the initiative where it should happen, it should put an expired notice in the chat so you can resolve it. - This is something that I had not thought of and is a great idea! I'll play about with this and see how I can get it to work smoothly.

Hopefully that helps.

Dakadin
    Thanks for the reply Dakadin - we are thinking on the same track! I intended to use all of the above except for the use of effects. I hadn't considered that - genius!

As ever, thanks.

Rainbird

Thread Information