DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: CTRL+Z LOS Bug?

CTRL+Z LOS Bug?

My apologies if this one has been posted already, but I've been playing around on the test build, experiementing with the new lighting system and it seems to work excellently, except for one thing. Whenever I hit CTRL+Z for any reason while working on a LOS layer, it turns all the doors, toggleable walls, terrain, and other special LOS breakers on all layers into regular walls. I've only been experiencing this for the past few hours, but it's seems consistent. It's quite frustrating to get three quarters of the way through placing all of the doors in a large map, only to forget about this bug and have to start over again. I'm a bit of an air head, and thus I've done it several times now.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I'm not seeing this. Can you walk through the steps to recreate? Is this in a new campaign or one copied over from Live?
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

It's copied over from live.
    As for walking through the steps, it's as I said. Any time I'm working on placing LOS breakers on my maps and make a mistake, hitting CTRL+Z to undo that mistake transforms all the doors, and terrain on that map to regular walls.

I've had the same issue, where are drawing a bit I undid an error with ctrl-z and all of my non-wall data was converted to wall data.

Blog Entries
    Are the images you are working on from modules?

Quote Originally Posted by pindercarl View Post
    Are the images you are working on from modules?
    They were. Why would the make a difference if I can ask?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mathgamain View Post
    They were. Why would the make a difference if I can ask?
    Thanks for the extra information. The data format for the LOS occluders have changed as part of the new features. The data in the module will be using the previous data structure and may be causing the error on the undo. This helps confirm that I may be looking at the proper culprit.

Thanks for explaing! If it's helpful, I just went and loaded a map I'd done the LoS on myself before the release of Abomination Vaults #1 and ctrl-z is working fine, so the issue is only happening on the images that came with the official product. I thought that was a little weird though since the map image in question was created before I used the new test build as well.
    Last edited by mathgamain; March 13th, 2021 at 12:19.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mathgamain View Post
    Thanks for explaing! If it's helpful, I just went and loaded a map I'd done the LoS on myself before the release of Abomination Vaults #1 and ctrl-z is working fine, so the issue is only happening on the images that came with the official product. I thought that was a little weird though since the map image in question was created before I used the new test build as well.
    Which module was exhibiting the issue? I am unable to reproduce the error.

Quote Originally Posted by pindercarl View Post
    Which module was exhibiting the issue? I am unable to reproduce the error.
    On maps that came with my purchased version Abomination Vault: Ruins of Gauntlight. I redid the LoS on all the maps as I wanted more of the walls to show than was provided. On the 3rd level (Servants Quarters) I was still in progress. So I continued to draw and after using ctrl-z to undo a bad line all the doors and secret doors reverted to walls.

I'll see if I can make a video shortly to show the effect.

Thread Information