Starfinder Playlist
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Starfinder needs more love from FG

It is just my feeling, but Starfinder needs a lot more love than they currently have.

I feel there is starting to get a really big back between now and the future of this ruleset.
    DMed in this :
    Pathfinder,Forgotten realms, Dark sun, Birthright, Ravenloft, Mystara, Own creation
    2e, 3.5 & 5

The Starfinder ruleset is currently in maintenance mode; which means that we will continue to fix bugs and make sure it works with the core engine. Other than that, we are not actively developing new features for the ruleset. The previous ruleset developer stepped down; and we've been looking for someone to step up and take responsibility who knows how to program in FG.

Regards,
    JPG

Catch 22
    aka Laendra

(Discord: Laendra#9660)
    Ultimate license (FGC/FGU)
    Current Timezone : Central (CDT) (GMT -5)
    OP: 3317036507 / 2369539

My opinions are my own and represent no entity other than myself

Extension Support Discord: https://discord.gg/gKgC7nGpZK

Extensions = risk to your gaming experience. If you haven't tested out the extensions in your campaign before your gaming session, turn them off. If you don't backup your campaigns regularly, you're doing it wrong.

It is absolutely a Catch 22. It looks like Starfinder will not be get the new Lighting and Vision features when the beta is over because it will require a developer to update the SF ruleset to add the features.
    FGU Ultimate License
    FG Discord - Lord_Ulric
    Time Zone: US Eastern (GMT -5)
    Playing -
    Starfinder, D&D, Savage Worlds, Call of Cthulhu, Hero System aka Champions, Traveller, and more!
    My Forge Creations

Quote Originally Posted by Ulric View Post
    It is absolutely a Catch 22. It looks like Starfinder will not be get the new Lighting and Vision features when the beta is over because it will require a developer to update the SF ruleset to add the features.
    That is not the case. Lightning and Vision are core features for the program and are being looked at to be made available within the ruleset.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

How to provide an Unity Connection issue?-Connection Issues and What to Provide

Unity Updater issue?-Updater Issues

Classic and Unity Port Forwarding?-Fantasy Grounds Connections Explained

Comcast or Cox ISP User?-Comcast XFinity and Cox Users

Have a suggestion?-Feature Request

That was never stated; and I don't know why you jumped to that conclusion. Just because it's not available at the very beginning of a beta test doesn't imply anything.

Regards,
    JPG

It may not imply anything, but it feels like it to the community I think...
    aka Laendra

(Discord: Laendra#9660)
    Ultimate license (FGC/FGU)
    Current Timezone : Central (CDT) (GMT -5)
    OP: 3317036507 / 2369539

My opinions are my own and represent no entity other than myself

Extension Support Discord: https://discord.gg/gKgC7nGpZK

Extensions = risk to your gaming experience. If you haven't tested out the extensions in your campaign before your gaming session, turn them off. If you don't backup your campaigns regularly, you're doing it wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    That was never stated; and I don't know why you jumped to that conclusion. Just because it's not available at the very beginning of a beta test doesn't imply anything.

Regards,
    JPG
    I cam to that conclusion based on these statements from you. "NOTE: The following rulesets have been updated to use the new automatic token vision and lighting via Senses field and effects. Other rulesets may or may not inherit support from CoreRPG, based on how they are implemented. Any rulesets not working will need to be updated by their respective developers to allow the automatic Senses field and combat tracker effect support for token vision and lighting." and "As noted in the beta notes, Starfinder is not one of the rulesets where this has been implemented."

I'm glad to hear superteddy57 will be allowed to add these features to the ruleset. Thank you again for responding to me.
    FGU Ultimate License
    FG Discord - Lord_Ulric
    Playing -
    Starfinder, D&D, Savage Worlds, Call of Cthulhu, Hero System aka Champions, Traveller, and more!
    My Forge Creations

Quote Originally Posted by superteddy57 View Post
    That is not the case. Lightning and Vision are core features for the program and are being looked at to be made available within the ruleset.
    Thank you for keeping us updated!
    FGU Ultimate License
    FG Discord - Lord_Ulric
    Playing -
    My Forge Creations

Quote Originally Posted by superteddy57 View Post
    Will you be swapping out the default "Token Light" presets for ones that are more suited for a Sci-Fi setting and if that isn't the case, will there be extension support to make these kinds of things?
    Haven't had a chance to look at the Test build myself, so sorry if I'm bringing up questions that have already been answered somewhere else.
    My Forge Page
    Discord: @evolivolution
    Ultimate License (FGU)
    Timezone: Z+1

Thread Information