STAR TREK 2d20
Page 17 of 25 First ... 71516171819 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    I assume you mean masking of the ambient light? If so then what you do is mask the entire map and then cut out the bits that you don't want to have ambient lighting in. So, yes you can draw a circular mask - use the ALT key and drag the mouse to cut out a freehand area of the mask.
    I was more wondering if FG would let me automatically generate a circle, rather than having to freehand it. It pretty much only comes up in Feathergale Spire, though, so I don't think I have many more circles to deal with.

Ambient lighting doesn't bleed into a masked area so to make sunlight shine through either don't mask the areas with sunlight - or and probably easier just add diffuse lights the same colour as you used for the ambient lighting. Make the light have zero bright light and a small radius of dim light and make the falloff 75-100.
    I decided to run with not masking rooms with enough windows that they would reasonably be fully lit by the light from the windows- putting diffuse lights inside those rooms made them darker than I felt was appropriate. If a room is described as having covered the windows or otherwise has its light described, I'm taking it into account.

Starting in on a section that has no data whatsoever about lighting in most areas, is underground, and is mostly populated by humans and others without darkvision, so I'm improvising. I had another question, though: does the metadata being exported include information about the state of the doors? I realized I'm adding lights to a version of the map my players have run through, so most of the doors that started closed are now open, and I need to know if I should go through the map and close them all or if it's not a concern. I skimmed an XML file but decided I wasn't 100% certain.

I expect I'll probably have something by the end of the weekend, but no promises.

Doors are automatically closed when you export the data.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Ok, I finished adding lights to Princes of the Apocalypse!

The main ZIP includes a txt file that has notes about any decisions I made that I felt like someone else might choose to do it differently, but I made a version that I would be happy to run.

One note that I wanted to call out: There is one map in the module that doesn't have LOS definitions. ("The Barrow Mound") It's not as big a deal as with most maps (there's not much that you could see through a wall), but I wanted to mention it.

I'm including a second zip file, which is an alternate way to arrange the lighting in Feathergale Spire. I like the way I did it better, but I had tried this other way first and so had versions of them. I include them in case you prefer them. (Main ZIP version lights rooms with windows just with sunlight; alternate version masks the entire tower and puts light sources at the windows.)

I hope this works and is useful. They're yours to do with as you will, now- use, adjust, or discard as best suits the needs of the module.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Jolly Good, thanks for your work on this. I'll have a look at it all soon.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Is this the place to share this?
    This is my take on placing lights in the Starfinder AP Dead Suns 3 - Splintered Worlds. Hope it's useful.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by Madman Across the Water View Post

The main ZIP includes a txt file that has notes about any decisions I made that I felt like someone else might choose to do it differently, but I made a version that I would be happy to run.

One note that I wanted to call out: There is one map in the module that doesn't have LOS definitions. ("The Barrow Mound") It's not as big a deal as with most maps (there's not much that you could see through a wall), but I wanted to mention it.

I'm including a second zip file, which is an alternate way to arrange the lighting in Feathergale Spire. I like the way I did it better, but I had tried this other way first and so had versions of them. I include them in case you prefer them. (Main ZIP version lights rooms with windows just with sunlight; alternate version masks the entire tower and puts light sources at the windows.)

I hope this works and is useful. They're yours to do with as you will, now- use, adjust, or discard as best suits the needs of the module.
    Are these going to be added automatically in one of the next updates?
    Neuronblaster GM on warhorn.net

Quote Originally Posted by *Neuro* View Post
    Are these going to be added automatically in one of the next updates?
    Yes, I intend to do that today so the update will probably go out next Tuesday

Quote Originally Posted by Madman Across the Water View Post

I've updated the module to include your files. Thanks for helping out.

Quote Originally Posted by jdelcom View Post
    Is this the place to share this?
    This is my take on placing lights in the Starfinder AP Dead Suns 3 - Splintered Worlds. Hope it's useful.
    Thank you so much. I've updated the module with your files.

Quote Originally Posted by Jiminimonka View Post
    Savage Worlds - Lankhmar Triple Cross - Slayers Apartment map

Attachment 46732

DLC package ID: PEGFGSWLANKHMAR
    Thanks for taking part. I've added the files to the module.

Thread Information