STAR TREK 2d20
Page 11 of 25 First ... 91011121321 ... Last

Storm King's Thunder - 5E

Quote Originally Posted by MassSailor View Post
    Started the first few maps for Storm King's Thunder. Will continue working through the module if not already spoken for.
    Continued...
    Attached Files Attached Files

Jolly Good. You can zip them all up into one folder if you want to avoid having to attach them one file at a time
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

In Vino Giganticus: Player Map

In Vino Giganticus has only one player map. LOS walls and lighting added.

Module says "Unless otherwise stated in a locations description, there is no illumination. The characters need to rely on torches, lanterns, or magical sources of light in most cases".

Water fx added to flooded areas.

A start area has been added in front of a lockable door at the top of the stairs,. Light sources (spell light) illuminating the stairs at the start point and at the break in the stove pipe.to depict daylight. Other torch lights for areas 7, 8 & 10, each on a separate layer so they can be switched off as required.

I see the completed list hasn't been updated for PF1 S&S AP 1 and PF1 Mummy's Mask AP 1, were there more changes you guys would like to be done?

No, I haven't updated any more modules as yet. I'm waiting for the lighting to be released before I do so since administratively it will be easier to put the completed modules into the patch system rather than queuing them up waiting for the release. Also once I've updated something with lighting it can't then be updated for another reason and released to the patch system. So possible bug fixes would have to wait for lighting to be released. Also I've been busy with other things so this has taken a back seat.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Storm Kings Thunder - Maps A through I attached.

The lighting conversion for Storm King's Thunder (5E) is complete and attached for review/QA. Notes included in the zip file and pasted here for convenience.

Lighting Conversion for Module: Storm King's Thunder - 5E
    Conversion Date: 4-17-2021

Completed with: 4.1 Test Build: 4-13-2021

Overview: Includes addition of lighting definitions for all playable player maps and updates or adds line of sight occluders for some maps.

Additional Notes: Svardborg Players does not have a grid set - don't know if that is included in the LOS metadata.

LOS Occluders Added:
    • Airship Lower Deck
    • Airship Upper Deck
    • Entombed Greatship
    • Greatships
    • Morkoth Players
    • Svardborg-Players (needs grid set)
    • Yeti Cave

Significant LOS Occluder Changes:
    • Beorunna's Battlemap - replaced terrain with pits
    • Deadstone one - pits added for canyon effect
    • Eye Players One - fixed missing occluder and replaced terrain with pit on entryway
    • Eye Players Two - added occluders and adjusted width in spider caves to make traversable with keyboard
    • Flint Battlemap - added pits for elevation changes
    • Grand Dame Players - replaced occluders to make easier to navigate & better align with description/map
    • Ironslag L1 Players - replaced windows with non-toggle versions
    • Mogur's Mound Players - added pits for elevation changes
    • One Stone Players - added pits for elevation changes
    • Shining White Players - added pits for elevation changes
    • Stone Stand Players - added pits for elevation changes
    • Worm Cavern Players - added pits for elevation changes

Files Included:
    • Airship-Lower-Deck.xml
    • Airship-Upper-Deck.xml
    • Beorunna's-Battlemap.xml
    • Deadstone-Five.xml
    • Deadstone-Four.xml
    • Deadstone-One.xml
    • Deadstone-Three.xml
    • Deadstone-Two.xml
    • Dripping-Caves-Player.xml
    • Drydock-Lodge.xml
    • Entombed-Greatship.xml
    • Eye-Players-One.xml
    • Eye-Players-Two.xml
    • Flint-Battlemap.xml
    • Giants-Lodge-L1.xml
    • Giants-Lodge-L2.xml
    • Grand-Dame-Players.xml
    • Grandfather-Tree-Players.xml
    • Greatships.xml
    • Grudd-Haug-Players-L1.xml
    • Grudd-Haug-Players-L2.xml
    • Ironslag-L1-Players.xml
    • Ironslag-L2-Players.xml
    • Jarls-Lodge-L1.xml
    • Jarls-Lodge-L2.xml
    • Keep.xml
    • Lair-L2.xml
    • Lair-Outside-Players.xml
    • Lyn-Armaal-L1.xml
    • Lyn-Armaal-L2.xml
    • Lyn-Armaal-L3.xml
    • Lyn-Armaal-L4.xml
    • Lyn-Armaal-L5-6.xml
    • Maelstrom-L1.xml
    • Maelstrom-L2.xml
    • Maelstrom-L3.xml
    • Morgur's-Mound-Players.xml
    • Morkoth-Players.xml
    • Nightstone-Inn.xml
    • Old-Tower-Players L1.xml
    • Old-Tower-Players.xml
    • Old-Tower-Players-L2.xml
    • One-Stone-Players.xml
    • Raven-Rock-Players.xml
    • Shining-White-Players.xml
    • Stable.xml
    • Stone-Stand-Players.xml
    • Svardborg-Players.xml
    • Teleportation-Circles.xml
    • Temple.xml
    • Temple-of-Thrym.xml
    • Tower-of-Zephyros-Player.xml
    • Worm-Cavern-Players.xml
    • Yakfolk-VIllage.xml
    • Yeti-Cave.xml

Jolly well done; I'll have a look at this soon.

I'm pretty sure that no encounters take place on the Svardborg players map and that it isn't to any kind of scale. I think it was just there for reference.

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    Jolly well done; I'll have a look at this soon.

I'm pretty sure that no encounters take place on the Svardborg players map and that it isn't to any kind of scale. I think it was just there for reference.
    Thanks - running SKT now, so figured it was in my interest if I want to have lighting available when it moves to live.

Agree - Svardborg not great as a battlemap but threw in some occluders in case someone wants to use it as such. Only light is ambient so grid scale isn't needed for light sources - just looked funny when my test token plopped on and was gigantic. I could see my group landing in an out of the way spot with their airship and trudging around to sneak up on a structure. Anyway, include or disregard as you see fit. A few other thoughts:

-Went through earlier maps and made some tweaks so use this lot as opposed to the earlier partial drops.

-Non-map maps with occluders (like Teleportation Circles) default to lighting enabled and look dim by default, so just added bright ambient light since it doesn't look like toggling lighting off gets captured in the XML. May want to just remove the border walls instead.

-When reviewing, please, take a closer look at maps called out with occluder changes using pits for elevation changes. Did this on a number of the burial ground maps to simulate mounds and depressions but it may not be everyone's cup of tea. I like that concentric pits allow players to see down multiple levels but not up/out. Drawback was in places where needed to draw a doughnut for things like raised centers - the pit ends up having a dividing line that shouldn't be there. IMHO, I'd rather the odd divider line in place of terrain you can see into from below but others may disagree.

-Performance is already being noted in the laboratory but the bigger giant keeps like, Ironslag and Gruud Haug, had noticeable lags while working on them. I didn't test with a player connected but if those maps run ok on the release version, the rest should perform fine.

Yes, I've been using pits as well for depressions. The additional toggles for pits is specicically aimed at adding this kind of thing to maps. As you say it still doesn't solve all the issues with height since we are trying to force 3D with a 2D map.

Thread Information