FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 24 of 25 First ... 1422232425 Last
    @Minxdobby69 Ok I'll stop

I made a map of a salloon and it contains 3 layers.
    On the first layer (Ground floor) I applied ambient light, masked the ambient light, created occluders, effects and lighting and put everything in a folder.
    I added the 2nd Floor and applied the same steps.
    I added the 3rd Floor and applied the same steps.
    The 3rd floor contains only candlesticks and lights, but this made me think that tokens should be treated as layers, but always selectable, because the right and "logical" would be for the token to pass under these candlesticks, of course this is an example simple, but "visible" and I think interesting for immersion in the game.
    With that, players should see and respect the physics of their floors, following a "hierarchy" where the lowest tier does not have access to the highest tier, but the highest tier has access to the lowest tier, that is, the second floor sees himself and the first floor.
    Here is the link with the 3 images and the .xml files: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1gps...ew?usp=sharing
    Last edited by YAKO SOMEDAKY; May 20th, 2022 at 15:26.

This thread is for people who want to add lighting to official modules. I don't see that your post has anything to do with that? If not maybe you could post it somewhere else - and I don't see a question in your post if you are looking for help.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here http://fgapp.idea.informer.com/

Blog Entries
    Yako, the map forum has a few threads you might want to post this in.

1) Here you can start your own thread in the maps sub-forum and then when you have a number of maps to share post here and I will add your thread to the list; https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...Resource-Links

2) If your map is created using only the official map pack resources, you can share the module here; https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...odule-Exchange

3) If you have a FG module of maps, then you can share that here; https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...ty-map-modules

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Reign of Winter LOS and Lights

I actually went custom for a lot of the maps during our campaign (to play with layers and such), particularly in Baba Yaga's hut interiors. But for those maps that I used the module for a base, here are the exports that should contain LOS and Light information.

FG Maps.zip

I am a bit perturbed...

I think on the purchase page of the DotMM there has to be a separate call out stating that there is NO LOS on the Skullport maps. Looking at the page it states LOS for the module. Not cool. I think that it should also state that there is no lighting and you have to add your own but, that is a fight I have lost.

I am having my party enter the city with several encounters that are vital to their backstories but, there are no walls or anything! Not sure exactly how I am going to accomplish this.....

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by The Decepticon View Post
    I am a bit perturbed...

I think on the purchase page of the DotMM there has to be a separate call out stating that there is NO LOS on the Skullport maps. Looking at the page it states LOS for the module. Not cool. I think that it should also state that there is no lighting and you have to add your own but, that is a fight I have lost.

I am having my party enter the city with several encounters that are vital to their backstories but, there are no walls or anything! Not sure exactly how I am going to accomplish this.....
    I am sorry for the inconvenience. I confirmed this is the case and it is an unreported bug. I logged it and marked it as a High Priority to fix it. All the other maps in the module have LOS defined except for the 3 skullport maps.

We should be able to get this fixed and patched as a hotfix pretty quickly, but if you need to do it for a session, you might try doing the immediate area with walls first and then drop the doors over top. The default setting will cut the doors out of wall areas automatically.

Quote Originally Posted by ddavison View Post
    I am sorry for the inconvenience. I confirmed this is the case and it is an unreported bug. I logged it and marked it as a High Priority to fix it. All the other maps in the module have LOS defined except for the 3 skullport maps.

We should be able to get this fixed and patched as a hotfix pretty quickly, but if you need to do it for a session, you might try doing the immediate area with walls first and then drop the doors over top. The default setting will cut the doors out of wall areas automatically.
    Thank you Doug! If it can't be fixed in a reasonable amount of time, I think it is important to put something on the buying page to let others know. Appreciate you looking into this.

This isn't a bug. Generally LoS isn't added to town or village maps since it doesn't usually make sense. Those maps aren't generally used for combat. The ones in Skullport aren't really any different from any other town or city map. However I will add LoS in this case.

Edit: LoS has now been added and the revised module should be available soon.
    Last edited by Zacchaeus; May 23rd, 2023 at 19:01.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here http://fgapp.idea.informer.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    This isn't a bug. Generally LoS isn't added to town or village maps since it doesn't usually make sense. Those maps aren't generally used for combat. The ones in Skullport aren't really any different from any other town or city map. However I will add LoS in this case.

Edit: LoS has now been added and the revised module should be available soon.
    You Sir, are a Scholar, Gentleman and a LOS Wizard. It would have taken me days to do that! I thank you.

Thread Information