FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 22 of 23 First ... 1220212223 Last
    Quote Originally Posted by Intemperiae View Post
    Can an effect use the Overnight Rest mechanic as a trigger to apply/activate an effect?
    It can't.

Quote Originally Posted by Intemperiae View Post
    As far as I understand, the Overnight Rest does not apply as an effect that could trigger an "IF:" effect. But if did, would it be something along the lines of "IF: Overnight Rest; HEAL: [Self] 5 temporary"?
    IF/IFT conditional modifiers only work, when triggered as part of an FG action (usually a roll), off condition names or custom labels on the actor (IF) or on the target of the roll (IFT).

Handle this manually by setting up a spell class, call it something like "Magic Items", and add a "spell" called Stalwart's Ring with an appropriate heal action. Then, when the PC carries out their daily preparations, the player can click the heal button to apply the temporary HP.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Bug

Weapon/Item effects don't apply when the field (attack or damage) is dragged, only when the field is double clicked.

e.g. add DMG: 1 fire to a weapon, if the damage is double clicked it will roll with the fire damage added, if it is clicked and dragged to the chat window or the target it won't apply the fire damage or any effect.

This includes ATK or any IF or IFT that are nested into the weapon.

Quote Originally Posted by lostsanityreturned View Post
    Bug

Weapon/Item effects don't apply when the field (attack or damage) is dragged, only when the field is double clicked.

e.g. add DMG: 1 fire to a weapon, if the damage is double clicked it will roll with the fire damage added, if it is clicked and dragged to the chat window or the target it won't apply the fire damage or any effect.

This includes ATK or any IF or IFT that are nested into the weapon.
    Thanks so much for reporting! I really appreciate the testing and feedback you give.

This is an issue in the new CoreRPG effect code I've been working on with SmiteWorks (so that item effects code can be handled similarly across rulesets). I've identified the issue and will discuss with SmiteWorks the best way to address.

Thanks again for reporting.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Perhaps a stupid question, but now you save the results of the saving throws to apply the appropriate effect, is there anywqy to use this mechanism to do the same for dice results so that we can double damage instead of rolling twice?
    “Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.”

Terry Pratchett [RIP] - Jingo

Quote Originally Posted by Farnaby View Post
    Perhaps a stupid question, but now you save the results of the saving throws to apply the appropriate effect, is there anywqy to use this mechanism to do the same for dice results so that we can double damage instead of rolling twice?
    It's a completely different structure.

I do have it on my list code to offer the option to double damage instead of rolling the additional dice. The way fantasy grounds sets up damage makes this incredibly complex - especially as some dice have to be added before the roll (which usually aren't doubled) and then only some dice/modifiers get doubled. Putting everything in place before the roll - that is, as is done now, by adding in the extra dice and modifiers, makes everything fit together with the whole FG asynchronous dice rolling, dice effects, and how immunity, weakness and resistance work. If it was just a case of doubling all damage this would have been done ages ago, but it's not...

Just while I remember, is it on the roadmap to have the flat-footed modifier button act as a trigger for conditionals?

e.g. "IF:Flat-footed; DMG: 2d6 precision" being set to a character effect for something like sneak attack and then having it trigger if the target has a condition that makes it flat-footed or they push the Flat-footed button in the modifier window?

Quote Originally Posted by lostsanityreturned View Post
    Just while I remember, is it on the roadmap to have the flat-footed modifier button act as a trigger for conditionals?

e.g. "IF:Flat-footed; DMG: 2d6 precision" being set to a character effect for something like sneak attack and then having it trigger if the target has a condition that makes it flat-footed or they push the Flat-footed button in the modifier window?
    It doesn't apply at all to damage at the moment - it's specifically in the "Attack" section, not the damage section. So the flat-footed modifier button doesn't trigger anything for damage actions.

In release 19 I'll be doing a lot of work around actions and I'll certainly look at a more flexible way of applying flat-footed to damage actions. In the meantime, apply the relevant effects.

An untype damages does damage in Live, but doesn't in Test:

Live: Live - Untype Damage.PNG
    R18: R18 - Untype Damage.PNG

An exemple of untype damage: the damage that caster takes from Protector's Sacrifice, because the caster's "immunities, weaknesses, resistances and so on do not apply".

Quote Originally Posted by Dargos View Post
    An untype damages does damage in Live, but doesn't in Test:

Live: Live - Untype Damage.PNG
    R18: R18 - Untype Damage.PNG

An exemple of untype damage: the damage that caster takes from Protector's Sacrifice, because the caster's "immunities, weaknesses, resistances and so on do not apply".
    Thanks for reporting. Already listed as a known issue in post #7 and fixed in the next test release.

Quote Originally Posted by Dargos View Post
    Note - this example wouldn't be a case of assuming untyped damage will avoid all immunities, weaknesses and resistances. Untyped damage can still apply to immunities, weaknesses and resistances against "all" damage - probably only relevant for resistances in practice.

Thread Information