DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 12 of 23 First ... 2101112131422 ... Last
    Don't know if it's relevant in this thread but with the new sidebar colour scheme I cannot tell, in the options, which ones are active.

sidebar visibility.png
    “Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.”

Terry Pratchett [RIP] - Jingo

Quote Originally Posted by Farnaby View Post
    Don't know if it's relevant in this thread but with the new sidebar colour scheme I cannot tell, in the options, which ones are active.

sidebar visibility.png
    Better?

Attached Images Attached Images
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Lots, thanks.

Sorry, old eyes...
    “Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.”

Terry Pratchett [RIP] - Jingo

@Trenloe: Do you have an idea when the release date of R18t7 will be?

Quote Originally Posted by Runner View Post
    @Trenloe: Do you have an idea when the release date of R18t7 will be?
    R18t7 is specifically a test version that is in test now.

Depending on how testing goes with this, I'm hoping that this code base will become release 18 in live. Maybe next week, maybe later. It all depends on how testing goes...
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Confirming that the {HLVLM1} tag (e.g., for Forge Dwarf) in the Character Effects section of the Combat tab is working, both in the highlight mode and in the combat tracker (the resistance is properly applied). This is a great change as it really reduces the clutter in the combat tracker for persistent character-based or item-based effects. I am excited to see this go live and I will be switching my game from FGC to FGU as soon as possible afterward. From what I can tell, the performance is similar, although I have not had players connected yet. Great job!

Quote Originally Posted by SillyOldeBear View Post
    From what I can tell, the performance is similar, although I have not had players connected yet. Great job!
    Warning, for spellcasters the performance tends to tank pretty heavily in FG:U mid levels and beyond. This is a FG:U issue not a PF2e ruleset issue.

Youtube: Example of slowdown

Something I have my players doing as a semi solution now is they have two characters, one has their full spell list and their main character is just their prepared spells that they drag over from the full spell list whenever they prep.
    It isn't ideal and the slowdown is creeping back in now as they are nearing the high levels, but a partial solution is better than no solution.

I have tried this out on 15 computers total, it is consistent behaviour on all. I still use it regardless because I really like the image layer support in FG:U and hold onto hope that it will be fixed, but if performance is a key concern it is worth mentioning.

It barely has any effect during the early levels though and will tend to kick in noticeably when you get your level 4 spell slots (or level 3 for bard/druid types)
    Last edited by lostsanityreturned; April 1st, 2021 at 06:33.

Trenloe needs an online tip jar, I swear. You're always doing stuff that makes our games so much more awesome.

After updating to 18t7, suddenly my PCs can't use darkvision to see creatures. Darkvision still reveals the map correctly, but PCs can't see each other or monsters unless illuminated by light. I haven't changed any map settings that I am aware of since last session.

EDIT: Also, when equipping a hooded lantern, PCs gain two separate, identical hooded lantern effects in the character effects section.
    EDIT2: Clarification - most of my PCs get two identical effects; it seems to work fine for one of them. Not sure what the difference is.
    Last edited by MaxAstro; April 4th, 2021 at 22:02.

Quote Originally Posted by MaxAstro View Post
    After updating to 18t7, suddenly my PCs can't use darkvision to see creatures. Darkvision still reveals the map correctly, but PCs can't see each other or monsters unless illuminated by light. I haven't changed any map settings that I am aware of since last session.
    I doubt that's to do with the PF2 ruleset. As we're running in test, there are updates to the lighting being made too. Details here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...a-Release-v4-1

Quote Originally Posted by MaxAstro View Post
    EDIT2: Clarification - one of my PCs gets two identical effects, it seems to work fine for the others. Not sure what the difference is.
    Could you export the PC XML and upload it here please?

Thread Information