STAR TREK 2d20
Page 11 of 23 First ... 91011121321 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by lostsanityreturned View Post
    Reducing effects

{TAG}
    Thanks for reporting. Should be (finally) fixed in R18t7.

Spell damage action entries
    - Still have 10 damage entries appearing per damage action on spells for me, I have reloaded the CRB module just in case. The PF2e ruleset version is reading as 18t6 and the file has the right date on it.
    Sorry, I posted that as fixed. The fix is in the Core Rules DLC and that hasn't been pushed to test yet. Please ignore those extra entries for now!
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Is there a way to apply SAVERESULT automation to incapacitation effects when your level exceeds the spell/effect?

Request

To have "Stunned: #" reduce in value each round the same as "Frightened: #" reduces.

Quote Originally Posted by Pawn View Post
    Is there a way to apply SAVERESULT automation to incapacitation effects when your level exceeds the spell/effect?
    Use SAVERESULT: +1 on a creature to increase the degree of success of all their saves by 1. This could be manually put on any creature that is more than twice the level of the spell with the incapacitation trait. I plan to automate this better in future (i.e. apply the effect if appropriate) but I don't plan to add it to release 18.

There's no way to currently reduce the result of a vs. DC check.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Request

To have "Stunned: #" reduce in value each round the same as "Frightened: #" reduces.
    It's not just as simple as reducing the stunned level like frightened does. It reduces the number of actions that turn based on the number of actions available - so there needs to be a good way of indicating that (a chat message will probably be fine), it needs to interact appropriately with slowed and quickened; and also correctly work with minions (including summoned creatures). All possible, but not something I plan to code in release 18. I'll keep it in mind for a future release.

@lostsanityreturned - revisiting these:

- With the "[HP *]" tag, is there currently a temporary hitpoint option or is it just ancestry, misc and miscperlevel for now?
    Temporary HP are transient and I hadn't envisioned the automation making changes to transient database fields. And the case of temporary HP is a little more complex than just setting a field - the current value needs to be checked, etc.. What's the use case for this?

- With the "[SPELLCLASS *]" tag, is there currently a way to set the proficiency tier of the added spell class (including untrained)?
    R18t7 will have this ability.

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    It's not just as simple as reducing the stunned level like frightened does. It reduces the number of actions that turn based on the number of actions available - so there needs to be a good way of indicating that (a chat message will probably be fine), it needs to interact appropriately with slowed and quickened; and also correctly work with minions (including summoned creatures). All possible, but not something I plan to code in release 18. I'll keep it in mind for a future release.
    You are correct, I forgot how it worked entirely.

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    Use SAVERESULT: +1 on a creature to increase the degree of success of all their saves by 1. This could be manually put on any creature that is more than twice the level of the spell with the incapacitation trait. I plan to automate this better in future (i.e. apply the effect if appropriate) but I don't plan to add it to release 18.

There's no way to currently reduce the result of a vs. DC check.
    "SAVERESULT: -1" seems to be working fine for me. Unless you're talking about something else with that last statement

Is there a creature level Operator for effects? I've had luck in automating spells like divine wrath and spiritual anamnesis by tossing an Effect like "IF:TYPE(LN,N,CN);SAVERESULT:+1" and "IF:TYPE(Fiend,Undead,Outsider,Celestial,Monitor,E xtraplanar); SAVERESULT: -1 critical-success;SAVERESULT: -1 failure" respectively

So if there was a creature level operator you could automate by adding a "IF:CR>___; SAVERESULT: +1" effect before casting

Release18t7 pushed to test.

Changed:
    - Character effects list sort by name.
    - width of "source" field in grouped lists widened to 250
    - Added a spell casting proficiency field to the "spellclass" PC automation.
    - Added [GM] to the NPC ability "Effect" functionality to set effect GM visible only in the combat tracker.

Fixed:
    - Chargen feats not showing correctly in the grouped list view if more than one trait, and comma separated.
    - Dynamic character effects variables not being used correctly during actions. Hopefully really fixed this time!
    - Traits not getting passed correctly to PCROLL saves.
    - Auto expiring effects (e.g. Frightened:1) wouldn't expire if there was another effect in the line with brackets.

Core Rules
    - Fixed: spell damage actions showing 10 entries, even if empty.
    - Second printing errata to the end of Chapter 3.
    Last edited by Trenloe; March 30th, 2021 at 15:58.

"SAVERESULT: -1" seems to be working fine for me. Unless you're talking about something else with that last statement
    I was referring to the VsDC NPC action - where a roll is made versus a PC save DC.

So if there was a creature level operator you could automate by adding a "IF:CR>___; SAVERESULT: +1" effect before casting
    The only mathematical operators specifically coded into condition effects are for checking size. There's nothing related to checking level.

Thread Information