DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 23 of 23 First ... 13212223
    Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    I cant' find anything in the Core Rules, Gamemastery Guide or Bestiary that indicate what casting stat NPCs use for spellcasting. Innate spells, in theory, should be Charisma (Core Rules page 302) but don't know if, by design NPC spellcasters don't specifically apply a spellcasting ability - i.e it's all already calculated in the spellcasting DC and attack stats. But, this does of course mess with some spells (Daze being a simple example). OK, so you can take a guess based off the tradition, but this is not 100% accurate.

Have you seen an official source saying what spellcasting ability an NPC should have?
    No, I am pretty sure it is an oversight though as they have included daze on the spell lists of npcs before and I am pretty sure there is one point where they instruct to use it and non lethal spells for one enemy (I cannot remember where though).

Even if it wasn't coded in by default it might be worth while including a field that is used for the base value for npcs anyway.
    If a NPC has "oracle spontaneous spellcasting" or "wizard prepared spellcasting" etc it is pretty safe to guess at the right ability score to use imo

Release R18t12 is now in test with fixes for recently reported issues. This will display "Release 18" in chat as, barring any last moment issues, this version will be pushed to live on Tuesday May 25th.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Ahead of the release, I’ve been trying to see how R18 might work in my upcoming campaign. If there is no coding on an NPC/Hazard that gets parsed in to the CT, what do I do? For instance, there is a hazard that requires a Fortitude saving throw of the players. Depending on the result, the subsequent effects and damage will differ from no effect on a critical success and lots of damage + blinded on a critical fail.

Getting the players to roll a save seems simple, and dropping an effect on the players seems OK, but how does the damage work? Or is it all manual. In this instance the damage is negative.

I did try looking at another NPC at their coding, but even a cut and paste didn’t seem to work, but I thought that might be because I was copying the code from an NPC to a hazard.

Quote Originally Posted by spoonhead View Post
    Ahead of the release, I’ve been trying to see how R18 might work in my upcoming campaign. If there is no coding on an NPC/Hazard that gets parsed in to the CT, what do I do? For instance, there is a hazard that requires a Fortitude saving throw of the players. Depending on the result, the subsequent effects and damage will differ from no effect on a critical success and lots of damage + blinded on a critical fail.

Getting the players to roll a save seems simple, and dropping an effect on the players seems OK, but how does the damage work? Or is it all manual. In this instance the damage is negative.

I did try looking at another NPC at their coding, but even a cut and paste didn’t seem to work, but I thought that might be because I was copying the code from an NPC to a hazard.
    I'm away from my computer so can't give a detailed response.

Only attacks (which can include damage) are shown for hazards in the CT. They have a slightly different data format to NPCs and I haven't implemented showing the hazard automation (new to hazards in release 18) in the CT at this point.

You can do hazard automation similarly to NPCs, but need to open the hazard record from within the CT, and apply any automation from the hazard statblock, which is setup in the automation field. Or you can still use dummy spells to do save, damage, effects, etc..

Details on automation is available here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...and-Automation. I recommend reading the first section of the linked Google doc for background on how to enable the automation field and how to use it.
    Last edited by Trenloe; May 23rd, 2021 at 10:03.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thank you Trenloe. I’ve been looking at other NPC/Hazards that are coded, and trying to cut and paste between the 2. Some success eventually. Probably not ideal, but I’ve been adding the damage type into the melee/range section. As I said, getting the players to roll saves, can be pretty easy, and then I just have to apply the damage and effects, if required.

I’ll read the doc as well. Have viewed your Videos a couple of times for a better understanding.

18 still going live today? hey hey ? Is it ? Is it ?

Quote Originally Posted by Brysun View Post
    18 still going live today? hey hey ? Is it ? Is it ?
    I don't know. Maybe.

Keep an eye on the City Hall forum for any official announcements.

It's alive!!!!!! Muahahahaha

Release 18 has gone live!

Please refer to this thread for information: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...rmation-thread

Over the coming days/weeks, more documentation, videos, etc. will be made available.

Closing this thread.

A big thank you to everyone who tested release 18 and provided feedback. It was greatly appreciated and has helped to make this release better than just my own solitary efforts would have. I'm sure there'll be issues in live, but having done a good amount of testing before should mean we won't have any show stoppers. Thanks everyone!

Thread Information