STAR TREK 2d20
Page 13 of 23 First ... 31112131415 ... Last
    Upon further testing, Trenloe, the PC that only had one entry was because they were already carrying a hooded lantern prior to the update. Unequipping and requipping the lantern causes it to add two effects, like the others.

Quote Originally Posted by MaxAstro View Post
    Upon further testing, Trenloe, the PC that only had one entry was because they were already carrying a hooded lantern prior to the update. Unequipping and requipping the lantern causes it to add two effects, like the others.
    I can't recreate. Can you export the XML for one of the PCs showing the issue and upload it here please?
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

So after restarting Fantasy Grounds I stopped being able to fully reproduce - the characters still have two hooded lantern entries, but unequiping and requipping only causes one to disappear instead of both. Don't know if it helps, but here's an XML for a character that still has the duplicate effect.
    Attached Files Attached Files

So after restarting Fantasy Grounds I stopped being able to fully reproduce - the characters still have two hooded lantern entries, but unequiping and requipping only causes one to disappear instead of both. Don't know if it helps, but here's an XML for a character that still has the duplicate effect.
    Thanks for providing the XML. I'm guessing that the first character effect for the lantern was added with the first iteration of the code, and now it's stuck there. Please try the following:

1) Unequip the lanter.
    2) In the character effects list, delete the effects for the lantern.
    3) Re-equip the lantern.

The above should then provide only one entry for the lantern.

If two suddenly appear, could you please try to work out steps to recreate the issue?

Thanks!
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

I had seen another post mentioning that detection of tokens using darkvision is broken, can't find that post now but I am seeing the same behavior

version 18t7
    Lights on
    LOS on
    No lights in area
    Background shown in grayscale, token not visible
    darkvisionbug.png

Jester, as Trenloe mentioned that's a bug with the lighting update, not this update. It's also a known bug, apparently.

Jester, as Trenloe mentioned that's a bug with the lighting update, not this update. It's also a known bug, apparently.
    Got it thanks! I recalled the post but could not find it again for some reason and thus I missed the reply as well. Hopefully it will get fixed by my next game.

EDIT: Also, when equipping a hooded lantern, PCs gain two separate, identical hooded lantern effects in the character effects section.
    EDIT2: Clarification - most of my PCs get two identical effects; it seems to work fine for one of them. Not sure what the difference is.
    I've recreated your issue - it happens when the GM and the player have opened the same PC sheet. This creates two database update handlers - one on the GM computer and one on the player computer. Even closing the PC sheet won't prevent this as the events are kept in memory.

I'll get a fix into the next release.

"Moved the focus points data for a focus spell class to be stored in one place for the PC. This means that if a PC has multiple focus spell classes they will all use the same focus point pool as per the Core Rules."

This sounds great for actual focus point pools. However, I'm currently using a focus point class to track magical staves, much like I used a power-point class in PF1 for the same purpose. Would it be possible to maintain an analogous point-based spell-class for tracking staves and their associated charges?
    -------------------------
    CST (GMT -6)

If it helps, Thes33, I've found that staves are pretty easy to track as a spontaneous caster class; put all the spells in the same level, give the level a number of casts per day equal to the charges of the staff, and you are good to go. Just mark off a number of casts equal to the charges used whenever a spell is cast.

Thread Information