DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 23 12311 ... Last

Pathfinder 2.0 Ruleset - Release 18 testing

Ruleset Release 18 is currently undergoing testing into the FG “test” channel. There is a lot of changes to the ruleset code, as well as data updates to the Core Rules, APG and Character Guide.

I would like some community members to do some testing over the next couple of weeks to test the new functionality and identify any issues when using older data in release 18.

Top level overview video available here: https://youtu.be/wzTGwbsNSh0

Video on how Release 18 interacts with the FGU lighting effects: https://youtu.be/gJpgNdnGq1w

The Core Rules, Advanced Player's Guide (APG) and Lost Omens Character Guide (Player) in the Test channel have had some of the new automation added. There's a lot more to add, some of which will be added during the test period.

New spell action functionality presented in this video: https://youtu.be/Scwxi-GHPmM

Release to live provisionally set to Tuesday May 25th, 2021. Subject to change based on continued testing.

Release 18 has no interdependency on the FGU v4.1 lighting.
    Last edited by Trenloe; May 13th, 2021 at 19:48.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Release 18 information

There are many changes in this release. Most of them are listed below.

Character sheet

• Ability tab lists order by the level the entry was applied on. Added buttons to change set order by to either name, level applied ascending (default) or level applied descending.
    • Allow dragging of a Class record to the class link - allows changing the base class record. Needed for Beginner Box support.
    • Minor changes to the initial size of secondary (detail) windows to display new fields/format better.
    • "A" (automation available) indicator added to new records with this functionality.
    • Added basic effects to weapons in the PC actions tab - these are applied to attack and damage actions. Can be initially populated via new item "use" automation.
    • Combat tab: Added attack proficiencies and character effects. Attack proficiencies are automatically built from existing text based data if none already exist - a warning message will appear for each PC when then conversion process is carred out - this is usually a one off upgrade process per PC.
    • Inventory tab - removed "show in mini sheet". Added "A" indicator if item includes automation. "Item" automation triggered when item is equipped.
    • Skills tab - minor changes to layout to cater for the permanent display of add buttons.
    • The Chargen tracker will open if a class record is dropped on the PC sheet.
    • Chargen Tracker: Added "Level Up" button - this will use the currently linked class record to add one level to the PC.
    • Actions tab - equipping a weapon will equip that item - triggering any "item" effect automation. The weapon equip button will be shown in standard and preparation mode.
    • Appropriate character effect applied when armor with the "bulwark" trait is worn (equipped).

Effects

• New effects: SAVERESULT (changes the success level of a save) and SAVEDAMAGEPER (changes the basic save damage percent received).
    • Added character "permanent" effects (via an ability of equipped item) and character weapon "use" effects that trigger via an attack or damage action.
    • Character permanent effects have limited dynamic variables that get populated when used. For example: {LVL} for level, {HLVL} for half level, {HLVLM1} for half level, minimum 1.
    • Single button in spell cast action to apply all relevant effects from that spell - based off the last stored save result.

Automation

• New automation system for applying ability and item automation. Details elsewhere.
    • Spells now have their actions embedded in the spell record. Currently testing an initial load for the Core Rules spells.
    • Automation functionality added to Hazard records - Reactions, Routine and Other Actions fields.

Actions

• Added "apply all related effects" to spell cast action. Based off the results of a spell cast "save" action, the relevant spell effects can be applied.
    • Added "save state" to the save action. The system will store the results of the last save triggered for each action - allowing the effects related to a save result to be applied more easily.
    • "basic" trait added to save actions that are tagged as "half on save" damage - i.e. they're a "basic save".
    • Attack action will use basic weapon "use" effects.
    • Damage actions will use basic weapon "use" effects.
    • Damage actions applies half damage if ALT key is held when triggering the action.

Record additions/changes

• Added "Source" entry to feat and background records. Source will be added to more records in future.
    • Added "Automation" entry to item record.
    • Added "Automation" entry to lookup data top level record (automation on lookup data child records remains).
    • Added NPC automation fields and functionality for Hazard reaction, routing and actions fields.
    • Added effects fields to spell records. These are auto populated into the record when added to the PC sheet.
    • Added "result" field to spell effect actions - allows the result of a previous save action to apply a specific effect.
    • Moved the focus points data for a focus spell class to be stored in one place for the PC. This means that if a PC has multiple focus spell classes they will all use the same focus point pool as per the Core Rules.
    • Added a spell slot stat/modifier to spell classes - allowing an ability to modify the number of spells available per slot. This is primarily used in the cleric "Divine Font" class feature.
    • Removed metamagic field from spell and heal damage editor.
    • Added "spell base stat" to the spell damage and heal editor - allows the stat set in the spell class to be used within the calculations.
    • Beginner Box code for various record types.
    • Data lookups - better handling of short names in searches - e.g. "orc" would match "sorcerer" previously. It shouldn't now.

Other

• Sidebar buttons changed to red/yellow design more in fitting with the ruleset.

Fixed:

• RS2.109 Sorcerers start with 5 cantrips not 6
    • RS2.111 FGU - Drag/Drop of critical damage dice with the fatal trait raises error
    • RS2.113 RESIST exception for "Cold iron" parsing just "cold"
    • RS2.115 PC sheet, skills tab, new buttons overlap header
    • RS2.116 Inventory total value doesn't update if item cost contains commas
    • Chargen trackers Ancestry feat button would show goblin ancestry feats of a Hobgoblin.
    Last edited by Trenloe; March 15th, 2021 at 15:07.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Testing

Please test to see that the new functionality operates OK. A lot of this is still a work in progress/proof of concept.

Important! Make a backup of your campaign data if running on FGC! For FGU, after switching to the test channel, you’ll need to copy over any test data you’d like to use, maybe a couple of campaigns, from the <FG app data>\campaigns directory (live data) to the <FG app data>\channels\Test\campaigns directory.

Test initially without any extensions enabled.

The main areas for testing are:
    1. The small example automation entries currently in the Core Rules, APG and Lost Omens Character Guide.
    2. The spell actions in the Core Rules spells only.
    3. Operation of the two new effects – SAVERESULT and SAVEDAMAGEPER.
    4. The operation of the new automation code.

If you come across any issues, please post in this thread. Please provide steps to reproduce, name/s of records being used and a screenshot if at all possible. Thanks!

Known issues are listed in post #7 below.

Whereas I’m a little bit interested in feedback regarding the GUI, what buttons are available, etc. I’m more interested in “does it work”. So please, initially keep comments to stuff that’s already there that doesn’t work, we’ll look at GUI design and missing features later.
    Last edited by Trenloe; March 11th, 2021 at 18:52.

New Automation

Reference document: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing

A video showing how the new Release 18 automation interacts with the FGU lighting effects: https://youtu.be/gJpgNdnGq1w

Detailed part 2 update video on automation available here: https://youtu.be/2GGI50epWW8
    Last edited by Trenloe; May 6th, 2021 at 12:41.

New Effects

More details, and a video, to come on the new SAVERESULT and SAVEDAMAGEPER effects.

Updated Wiki (not live): https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing

Part 4 update video covering save effects available here: https://youtu.be/PUHT2H_eurE

Part 5 update video showing new PCROLL functionality - where the GM can request saving throws from the PCs and their results are integrated into the new save result/apply all effects functionality: https://youtu.be/4ed5FwEsi6c
    Last edited by Trenloe; March 19th, 2021 at 17:58.

PF2 Paizo Products in the R18 test

The Core Rules, Advanced Player's Guide (APG) and Lost Omens Character Guide (Player) in the Test channel have had some of the new automation added. There's a lot more to add, some of which will be added during the test period.

The Core Rules in test has also had an incremental update to the long process of applying the second printing - there are 569 documented changes in the Core Rules, and it's a slow process to go through them. The Core Rules DLC in the test channel is currently updated to #91 in the list - Chapters 1, 2 and the first 6 classes in Chapter 3 (up to the end of the Druid class). Work is ongoing on this.

More details on the changes in test to come...
    Last edited by Trenloe; March 11th, 2021 at 18:51.

Known Issues

Clarifications:
    • When a basic save results in a damage instance with total damage of 1, save for half damage results in 0 damage - should this be a minimum of 1? Step 1 of damage on page 451 of Core Rules says: "Then you double or halve the amount as appropriate (rounding down if you halved it)." This is after the minimum of 1 damage rule. This suggests that half 1 damage is 0 and therefore not an issue.
    Last edited by Trenloe; May 21st, 2021 at 17:26.

Fixed issues

• Feats Armor Proficiency and Weapon Proficiency don't work correctly. Fixed in Core Rules R18t2.
    • Feat Toughness doesn't revert the modifier when removed from PC. Fixed in R18t2.
    • The "[EFFECT use]" tag e.g. [EFFECT use ATK: 2 item], applies correctly to melee weapons but doesn't apply to ranged weapons. Fixed in R18t2.
    • Effects applied to weapons work when double clicking but do not apply when clicking and dragging (into the chatbox or onto a target). Fixed in R18t2.
    • Item with "item" effect - when changing from not carried to carried the chargen tracker would indicate that it was unable to remove automation. Fixed in R18t2.
    • "Effect:" with NPC automation throws up the error: [ERROR] Script execution error: [string "scripts/manager_actions.lua"]:340: setType: Invalid argument. Fixed in R18t3.
    • The sort by "ascending/descending" feature parses the 10s and 20s after the 1s and 2s. Fixed in R18t3.
    • PC sheet, Inventory tab: Weapon weight doesn't get updated from bulk until the item record is opened. Fixed in R18t4.
    • SPELLCLASS throws up the following error when ampersand / "&" symbol is used in the <spell class name> field. May impact other symbols as well. The Spell Class entry is added with the ampersand despite the error and displays correctly. [ERROR] FormattedText SetValue XML Error: An error occurred while parsing EntityName. Line 1, position 119. Fixed in R18t4.
    • Spell actions get re-parsed when added via automation. Fixed in R18t4.
    • Character effects applied by class features don't have a link to the class feature record. Fixed in R18t4.
    • Players can't see persistent damage effect (PERS) flat check roll if Show GM Rolls = No. Fixed in R18t4.
    • spellclass automation from a class feature would raise an error in manager_automation_pfrpg2 (line 699). Fixed in release 18t6.
    • The RESIST: {HLVLM1} fire effect in the Character Effects section isn't being applied as part of a relevant action. Also other dynamic variables {...}. Fixed in release 18t7.
    • Chargen tracker feat grouped list window not showing matching feats if the traits are comma separated. Fixed in release 18t7.
    • Auto expiring effects (e.g. Frightened:1) wouldn't expire if there was another effect in the line with brackets. Fixed in release 18t7.
    • FGU - Core Rules spell damage actions have 10 damage entries, most of them empty. Fixed in next Core Rules DLC release.
    • Script execution error: [string "scripts/manager_gamesystem.lua"]:460: attempt to perform arithmetic on local 'profBonus' (a nil value) - when adding some classes with spells. Fixed in R18t8.
    • PCROLL effects without traits don’t populate. Duplicate PCROLL effects created. Fixed in R18t11.
    • Weapon effects don't apply for drag/drop attack or damage actions. Fixed in CoreRPG.
    • Item effect application (new item or "equip") doesn't propagate to the CT if the character sheet Combat tab hasn't been opened. Fixed in R18t12.
    • Untyped damage applies 0 damage. Fixed in R18t12

Clarifications:
    • Under certain situations damage will be halved. Not an issue - pressing ALT when activating a damage action will halve the damage.
    Last edited by Trenloe; May 21st, 2021 at 17:26.

Wow there is some amazing stuff here. Sorting abilities by level, weapon effects, and character effects all stand out to me as huge additions that will be very useful to my games, and my players will definitely thank you for the level up button.

Thank you for continuing to make my life easier!

Holy moly, this is amazing. Bravo to Trenloe and everyone else involved. Seriously amazing stuff.

Thread Information