FG Spreadshirt Swag

LOS first time user questions

These probably has been answered before, but I don't know where to look:
    • When a PC is first placed on a map, it starts remembering what it has seen. When removed and placed again, this knowledge is lost. Is there a way to declare a map know territory? So that Line of Sight is still used, but the Fog of War is already lifted.
    • Is it possible to have everyone look through the eyes of the scout? Yes, that is less realistic, but it makes scouting more fun for everyone.

It worked great by the way, LOS really adds to the game.
    Last edited by Milmoor; March 7th, 2021 at 16:37.

Quote Originally Posted by Milmoor View Post
    These probably has been answered before, but I don't know where to look:
    • When a PC is first placed on a map, it starts remembering what it has seen. When removed and placed again, this knowledge is lost. Is there a way to declare a map know territory? So that Line of Sight is still used, but the Fog of War is already lifted.
    • Is it possible to have everyone look through the eyes of the scout? Yes, that is less realistic, but it makes scouting more fun for everyone.

It worked great by the way, LOS really adds to the game.
    Indeed, the "past" is gone if you replace tokens There is no workaround

About the second: Either right-click on tokens and add them to the party vision or turn on "Party vision and movement" in the options (the latter would also allow moving other tokens)

Thanks. I can toggle the option for party vision during scouting to keep the masses amused.

Will try to fix number 1 with number 2. If I add a dummy PC beforehand which runs all over the map, will it pass it knowledge to those arriving after him? Will check.

Edit: unfortunately it doesn't share vision and movent, it shares control of the tokens. So you can click on of the others to see what they see. That solves the second part, but not the first.
    Last edited by Milmoor; March 7th, 2021 at 19:30.

Quote Originally Posted by Milmoor View Post
    Thanks. I can toggle the option for party vision during scouting to keep the masses amused.

Will try to fix number 1 with number 2. If I add a dummy PC beforehand which runs all over the map, will it pass it knowledge to those arriving after him? Will check.
    Yeah, that may work, but the players only see the total sum of all their accessible visions if they have no token selected If they select a specific token, then it is its specific vision

(the party movement is by the way just with respect to friendly tokens; so, there is never the danger that they can move your evil NPCs )

Ah, hadn't found the "Select none to rule them all"-feature. Thanks.

Thread Information