DICE PACKS BUNDLE

D20 Modern console errors and HP not tracking

Recently picked up the D20 Modern pack and ran my first session. During our first combat we noticed that damage rolled onto both monsters and player characters was not being applied. Weirdly, some of the player characters also had the yellow background in the combat tracker instead of green.

We did see this console error, but honestly it seems like every game we try spits out different console errors.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen...95/unknown.png

I don't even have a clue where to start with this one honestly.

-The more I poke it, I see the console error generates every time a PC or NPC is added to the combat tracker, or I open a character sheet to look at it.
    Last edited by Kertan; March 7th, 2021 at 03:48.

Blog Entries
    Are you using any extensions? Can you duplicate in a new campaign with no extensions and give us a screen shot and step to reproduce? It will help the devs find the problem and solve it more easily if you can.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Zero extensions. It gives the error when a character sheet is first made as well.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen...08/unknown.png

I tried redownloading the d20 modern pack at a first step.
    Last edited by Kertan; March 7th, 2021 at 04:19.

Quote Originally Posted by Kertan View Post
    Recently picked up the D20 Modern pack and ran my first session. During our first combat we noticed that damage rolled onto both monsters and player characters was not being applied. Weirdly, some of the player characters also had the yellow background in the combat tracker instead of green.

We did see this console error, but honestly it seems like every game we try spits out different console errors.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen...95/unknown.png

I don't even have a clue where to start with this one honestly.

-The more I poke it, I see the console error generates every time a PC or NPC is added to the combat tracker, or I open a character sheet to look at it.
    Hi Kertan, welcome to the forums. Glad you got to run a D20 Modern session. Sorry you had issues.

It looks like the console error is what is causing the damage to not be applied. We had a fairly significant code change recently to all rulesets and this one obviously has an issue. The good news is that the fix is quick and therefore, I fixed it and turned it in for review. Normally due to the development cycle, it wouldn't go into the LIVE environment until 3/16. However, since the error causes the ruleset to be largely unplayable and the solution was simple, I am lobbying to see if we can get this sooner via a hotfix. I can't guarantee it so worst case, you will see the fix on 3/16.

As far as the PCs not being green in the combat tracker, I cannot replicate that. Do keep in mind that the green, orange, yellow, and red indicators in the combat tracker are buttons. It could be that maybe they were clicked by accident. If not, hopefully the fix I just turned in will help that too. It is possible that there could be an unintended side effect of the console error that I am just unable to replicate in regards to PCs not being green.
    Developer for lots of adventures, particularly 5E, Pathfinder, Starfinder, and Pathfinder 2E

Timezone: US Eastern Time
    Ultimate License Holder

Well that's an epic response!

The CT colouring seems to be just surface deep. That is, when PCs are set green as per the button, even if they are yellow, they still behave correctly.

If I have to do damage manually for one session that's not a big deal, thank you! Couldn't be happier to see how quickly you guys tackle these issues.

Yeah, I suspect that the CT coloring might be a result of that script error. It is probably disrupting the code from executing the color being set correctly. That should go back to normal when the fixed code goes live.
    Developer for lots of adventures, particularly 5E, Pathfinder, Starfinder, and Pathfinder 2E

Ultimate License Holder

@sciencephile helped me identify and fix this. I just pushed a hot fix that should fix the damage issue; as well as enabling conditional effects similar to 3.5E ruleset.

Regards,
    JPG

That's a full fix on my end. Just updated the pack and ran a test combat on my own without a single hiccup. Awesome work guys, thanks so much!

You're quite welcome. Good to hear it is working correctly. Enjoy your game!

Ultimate License Holder

Thread Information