DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Background map loses tool icons

A couple of weeks ago, an update introduced an issue that's driving my players up a wall. When you hit the up-arrow on a map (so it moves to the background), the up and down arrows obscure the toolbar. I know I'm going to hear about it again tonight because it's driving them a little bit crazy (to be fair, it's not a long drive). Any chance this can go on the hopper for some fixing?

Map toolbar icons.PNG

I tried with a few different themes and they all had the same issue.

Thanks,
    Jacob

I do not have this problem (tested in 3.5e with FG Dark Theme). What ruleset do you use? Do you also use any extensions? I remember to have read about certain extensions causing that (for example extensions adding something to the toolbar which are not updated to the latest patch)

Quote Originally Posted by Kelrugem View Post
    I do not have this problem (tested in 3.5e with FG Dark Theme). What ruleset do you use? Do you also use any extensions? I remember to have read about certain extensions causing that (for example extensions adding something to the toolbar which are not updated to the latest patch)
    Well, that's an interesting thing to experiment with. I'll check that out. I'm using PF1 ruleset, but I think an extension is the more likely culprit...

EDIT: Yup, it's the Full Overlay Package. Excellent catch, Kelrugem!
    Last edited by Croddwyn; March 6th, 2021 at 21:56. Reason: Add information.

Quote Originally Posted by Croddwyn View Post
    Well, that's an interesting thing to experiment with. I'll check that out. I'm using PF1 ruleset, but I think an extension is the more likely culprit...

EDIT: Yup, it's the Full Overlay Package. Excellent catch, Kelrugem!
    yeah, be aware of that I did not yet update my extensions to the new patch so, if you still want to use it, then avoid the background mode

Quote Originally Posted by Kelrugem View Post
    yeah, be aware of that I did not yet update my extensions to the new patch so, if you still want to use it, then avoid the background mode
    Yeah. Noted.

Okay, I got obsessed over this, today, and dug into the code. It happens. I'm brand-spanking new to FG code but I'm a software developer, so how hard could it be™? I joke. All I did was dig into what the extension is doing vs. how the current CoreRPG ruleset does it. It looks like the main difference is that the anchoring is flipped left-right. So I updated the extension's record_image.xml to follow the same pattern (including inverting the order the controls are in for the <sheetdata> tag). Did that make any kind of sense?

Kel, do you have a way to submit user contributions to your extensions? I'll include my updated ext file here if you wanna snag the changes and critique or suggest, but I'm happy to do a pull request somewhere or whatever.

Thanks,
    Jacob
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by Croddwyn View Post
    Okay, I got obsessed over this, today, and dug into the code. It happens. I'm brand-spanking new to FG code but I'm a software developer, so how hard could it be™? I joke. All I did was dig into what the extension is doing vs. how the current CoreRPG ruleset does it. It looks like the main difference is that the anchoring is flipped left-right. So I updated the extension's record_image.xml to follow the same pattern (including inverting the order the controls are in for the <sheetdata> tag). Did that make any kind of sense?

Kel, do you have a way to submit user contributions to your extensions? I'll include my updated ext file here if you wanna snag the changes and critique or suggest, but I'm happy to do a pull request somewhere or whatever.

Thanks,
    Jacob
    Ah, thanks Normally I integrate things of other people manually and refer to their help Since I am no professional coder, I never really got in touch with those professional tools for pull requests I try to change that in the future; now I just save your version, thank you very much

(whenever I will update my extension properly, please remind me if I forgot to mention your help )

Well, that's very kind. But I think what you've done has been pretty awesome and I don't really care for credit so much as having the functionality I want to use...

Thread Information