Starfinder Playlist

The horrors of "release token scale"

Hi,

Fantasy Grounds Classic-using GM here.

I've accidentally clicked "release token scale" a couple of times during play. It really messes up the game. Icons go wildly out of scale and seemingly irremovable icons for vulnerability and immunity cover all of the tokens so that you can't even see what the creatures are. The tokens can be manually, individually - and tediously - resized. This halts the game and breaks everyone's immersion. But, I can't find a way to remove the horrible token-blocking status icons. I've searched the internet to no avail.

I'd appreciate it if someone with the arcane knowledge of icon removal could help.

Also, if Fantasy Grounds had a "restore token scale" or "undo" button that would really be ideal. Even a "help" button in the program might give some kind of information.

If that happens, the easiest way to reset the tokens is to re-drag them from the combat tracker. Then, all the sizing will be reset correct.

FGC does not support undo at all outside of text fields; whereas FG Unity (the latest version) does support undo in image edits and does not use the token scale concept at all.

Regards,
    JPG

Yes, that works for the sizes. But, those blocking icons are still there even after re-dragging everything from the combat tracker. The icons show the creature's vulnerabilities or immunities. But, then you can't see the tokens for the creatures. It makes it very difficult to play.

I described here how to use that functionality: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...l=1#post462030

(this was with respect to the height label there; but it works similar for the icons )

Thank you. I can see where you're going with the zoom in/out method in addition to the ctrl + mouse wheel method. But, I can't understand how you can use that method fix a map with multiple NPCs with multiple size categories (medium, large, huge) since Fantasy Grounds doesn't seem to let you resize them individually. The zoom in/out changes them all simultaneously. And, wow this takes a long time to clean up the fallout from a single mistaken click!

Quote Originally Posted by GoldBunnyFox View Post
    Thank you. I can see where you're going with the zoom in/out method in addition to the ctrl + mouse wheel method. But, I can't understand how you can use that method fix a map with multiple NPCs with multiple size categories (medium, large, huge) since Fantasy Grounds doesn't seem to let you resize them individually. The zoom in/out changes them all simultaneously. And, wow this takes a long time to clean up the fallout from a single mistaken click!
    Yeah, normally that is done before you do any real placement But the size of effect icons is for all the same, so, the "release scale" stuff is used for scaling that (the ratio of icons and tokens), not for the token sizes themselves (there are also some preset options for the sizes of icons in the options) About the sizes of the tokens itself it is indeed better to do what Moon Wizard suggested Readd them from the CT after you scaled the token sizes

So, just focus on one token now, and use the linked post or the preset options to adjust the effect icon sizes, just focus on the effect icons, ignore the sizes of the tokens themselves; then readd the tokens from the CT
    Last edited by Kelrugem; March 6th, 2021 at 19:53.

Thread Information