5E Character Create Playlist
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

FR: resizing windows on all sides

Greetings, not sure where Feature Requests should be, but here you go:
    Currently, when you open a window in FGU, you can only resize it on the right hand, bottom, or bottom right corner.
    I request that this behavior be changed to allow window resizing on all four sides. If you need to leave the bottom right corner the only two dimension resize point, that would be ok.
    Right now I shift scale and resolution based on the number of monitors that I have, and often a window will open where it is too tall or too wide for my current display. I can get to the top and left borders, but sometimes I cannot get to the bottom or right ones, and this makes it very difficult to resize these windows.

Quote Originally Posted by jrrnewton View Post
    Greetings, not sure where Feature Requests should be, but here you go:
    Currently, when you open a window in FGU, you can only resize it on the right hand, bottom, or bottom right corner.
    I request that this behavior be changed to allow window resizing on all four sides. If you need to leave the bottom right corner the only two dimension resize point, that would be ok.
    Right now I shift scale and resolution based on the number of monitors that I have, and often a window will open where it is too tall or too wide for my current display. I can get to the top and left borders, but sometimes I cannot get to the bottom or right ones, and this makes it very difficult to resize these windows.
    Press ctrl while you drag the window, then you can resize it everywhere (lock stuff like story sheets before you do that, otherwise it may just mark text etc.)

Quote Originally Posted by Kelrugem View Post
    Press ctrl while you drag the window, then you can resize it everywhere (lock stuff like story sheets before you do that, otherwise it may just mark text etc.)
    That's a great tip, but it still only changes the right and bottom edges. I think the request here is being able to have the right/bottom edges static while moving the other two.

Quote Originally Posted by bmos View Post
    That's a great tip, but it still only changes the right and bottom edges. I think the request here is being able to have the right/bottom edges static while moving the other two.
    aaah, okay, I see

Thank you, that solves the problem I was having, mainly to be able to resize things that had the bottom or right off the edge of the screen.

To be clear, It does not answer my question directly, but it does fix the problem I was having. It would be nice to resize the left border, if I have something lined up on the right, and want to adjust, but it is not a necessary feature. I see the ability to shrink an resize items that have the bottom and right outside of the current FGU window/resolution size as being critical, and using CTRL to resize does that for me. Thank you all!

Blog Entries
    Feature requests go on the Wish List; https://fgapp.idea.informer.com/

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

The reply gives a workaround, not a solution. This is a fundamental usability issue; windows should be resizable from ANY border, period.

Quote Originally Posted by Calybos View Post
    The reply gives a workaround, not a solution. This is a fundamental usability issue; windows should be resizable from ANY border, period.
    I'd recommend you link to any request you add to the Idea Informer, so that others who want to see this functionality can vote on it. And don't forget to also vote for anything you add yourself!
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

I agree 100% with you. In 2021 it's hard to understand why it's just not base functionality... we're no longer in the DOS days and mostly everything now comes as a window. Link your request and I will upvote

Thread Information