FG Spreadshirt Swag

What do I need to play Castles & Crusades?

I'm interested in playing some OSR games, with C&C being one of them. However, I found that, like D&D, it splits its player and GM content across different books.

To play/GM Castles & Crusades, can I use ONLY the Players Handbook? What do I really need to play this game?
    Last edited by damned; September 22nd, 2021 at 11:54.

Blog Entries
    On FG, just buy the ruleset. It has the PHB, Monsters & Treasures and even an introductory module. It's really everything you need (although the other books add more content if you decide it is needed). $10 USD... huge value.
    "I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."

- John Diefenbaker

RIP Canada, February 21, 2022

Even the print version of the PHB has a very solid section on DMing Castles and Crusades. While the CKG has some great stuff in it that is super useful, including optional rules, all you need is the Players Handbook ( which I might add, is still free as a pdf from Troll Lords web site).
    Fan of Castles and Crusades/Savage Worlds, just about any rpgs.

I am in Eastern time zone and am fairly open most play times, but do prefer Evening or late night games.

Thread Information