DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last
    And Celestian... with all you've created and added to FG... the software engineering world is probably lesser for you NOT having it as a Day-Job ;P

Quote Originally Posted by Varsuuk View Post
    OMG - didn't see that lol - since I by habit use camel-case.
    Ditto, thats why I was confused
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

I'm going over the many CoreRPG changes since my last update and I saw a place where User.isHost() was changed to Session.IsHost so it reminded me to search for all my User.isHost() s. in the code to replace it.

Then noticed a User.isLocal() and wondered if there was an analogous (as I suspect) one from Session. But I could not find Session in base.xml or doing a search on the Developer wiki.

Where is Session defined?

I'm going over the many CoreRPG changes since my last update and I saw a place where User.isHost() was changed to Session.IsHost so it reminded me to search for all my User.isHost() s. in the code to replace it.

Then noticed a User.isLocal() and wondered if there was an analogous (as I suspect) one from Session. But I could not find Session in base.xml or doing a search on the Developer wiki.

Where is Session defined?
    Session is part of the base FantasyGrounds API: https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassia...2B-%2BPackages

Thanks, I was looking at that page, but I don't see Session. I see User however.

ERASE-Session-ss.jpg

I tried typing Session in the search box on that screen but I expected it to appear at same level as User/Interface etc if it is such.

Thanks, I was looking at that page, but I don't see Session. I see User however.

ERASE-Session-ss.jpg

I tried typing Session in the search box on that screen but I expected it to appear at same level as User/Interface etc if it is such.
    Yes, the wiki is a bit behind.
    Last edited by bmos; April 27th, 2021 at 16:17.

See the info on the changes in February here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...l=1#post574220
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

EDIT: Just saw Trenloe's post - going there enow, THANKS!

Ah - OK - so how do I find out what is in it or avail?

Is it in some post somewhere in beta/release areas?

I guess I can do a search on "Session" in CoreRPG to see some of the exported names, but what I was trying to do was replace all my "dated"? User.isHost() to SessionIsHost then I discovered User.isLocal() in a boolean check related to isHost() check so went to verify this also existed which made me wonder what else. At first I thought it was a CoreRPG thing but now get it.

But without documentation or a ChangeList (which I assume was posted but I don't regularly read forums like I'd like to) , I don't know what to do with this new thing.

Session package variables
    • IsHost [bool]
    • IsLocal [bool]
    • VersionMajor [#][X = client release (X.#.#)]
    • VersionMinor [#][X = client release (#.X.#)]
    • VersionRelease [#][X = client release (#.#.X)]
    • CampaignName [string]
    • RulesetName [string]
    • UserName [string][FG account name]

Thank you all, I just finished my review of everything up to Sidebar (did some previously I inferred from other extensions, now checking this list) - which I was going to lookup anyhow because my rectangular buttons went away on latest update (I was using the 2E/OSR style for quite some time, so I need to look at why it changed. The functionality is still there, I see the labels on a translucent background is all)

Seeing the above, I replaced the isLocal's as well. Thanks.

---
    Done. Turns out the majority of the "hits" were in my MoreCore. I realized that after changing probably half of them. I undid my changes (although, would be glad to do them and submit to Damned, it's just easy one for one changes but be glad to do the boring work for you Damned, if you say so.)
    Last edited by Varsuuk; April 18th, 2021 at 22:48.

Thread Information