STAR TREK 2d20
Page 2 of 2 First 12
    I am doing the WotR campaign right now. I started working on creating modules in December last year and am now in the middle of finishing book 5! Book 1,2,3,4 are done with all the tokens and images linked to all the NPCs and with Line of Sight for all the maps. I am waiting eagerly for April's first update where dynamic token lighting will be implemented. I also made an ultimate campaign module with all the mass combat, hex exploration and downtime rules linked to them. I also made the Worldwound campaign setting in another module and a Summon Monster and nature's ally module with ALL the tokens and the monsters effects and updated spells. I am using stat blocks from the paizo community to upgrade the allied NPCs throughout the books and I was thinking of making an extension with upgraded monsters also with stat blocks from the paizo community for a harder experience.

If you have any questions, I can help ^^

I am making my own Jade Regent campaign and have been using the first Wrath of the Righteous campaign as an example of how to make one cleanly.

I have a question about how Sciencephile put an ability link that links to an ability defined on the NPC itself, not in any library anywhere else. I really liked how the abilities on the other tab of npcs had links to the abilities so you could open them up in a window for reference then keep using main tab of the character sheet to keep combat rolling. So I edited those in my campaign so I could look at the xml to see how it was done. I can now recreate this myself by editing the xml in my Jade Regent campaign I am building to run but this process is tedious. I was wondering if there was a tool that lets you do this? I have asked Fantasy Grounds College if anyone knows how to do this and they couldn't figure it out. If I have to I could write a program to parse the xml and put in the NPC ability myself if necessary but if that tool is already available I could use that tool instead and spend more time preparing my campaign.

Thanks to anyone who can help.

The xml follows (with ability names and descriptions replaced with stuff in all caps just in case it is under a copyright)
    On the NPC for one of the named custom bosses there was the following xml:
    <ABILITYNAME_su>
    <locked type="number">1</locked>
    <name type="string">ABILITYNAME (Su) Testeroo</name>
    <text type="formattedtext">
    <p>ABILITY DESCRIPTION.</p>
    </text>
    <type type="string">Class feature</type>
    </ABILITYNAME_su>
    Then under a text tag it has in a linklist
    <link class="referenceclassability" recordname="..specialabilities.ABILITYNAME_su">Abi lity Name (Su)</link>

Yeah, unfortunately I have not found an easy way to do this in the interface. I'm not sure if there is any tool as I have never really searched. I do it by editing the XML just as you did.
    Developer for lots of adventures, particularly 5E, Pathfinder, Starfinder, and Pathfinder 2E

Timezone: US Eastern Time
    Ultimate License Holder

Thanks for letting me know Sciencephile. When I get the time I am gonna write an xml parser that will look for a special code so if I type it a certain way it will adjust the xml for me. I really like how it turns out because that makes managing combat of the NPC easier. Thank you for showing me how to do something like this.

I purchased the first two modules and think they are well made. Our group needs to finish our current campaign then we will start WotR. Really looking forward to it.

Its too bad our campaign has been delayed a few months with players and Dm getting Covid, definately slowed things down.

Thanks for the feedback. Good news is that all my modules are essentially made the same way so you'll like the latter ones too.

Hopefully your group will get back into the swing of things.
    Developer for lots of adventures, particularly 5E, Pathfinder, Starfinder, and Pathfinder 2E

Timezone: US Eastern Time
    Ultimate License Holder

Thread Information