STAR TREK 2d20
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Wrath of the Righteous

I want to run a Wrath of the Righteous campaign. I can get the first part of the adventure path for Fantasy Grounds but I cant seem to find Sword of Valor the Demon Heresy the Midnight Ilse the Herald of the Ivory Labryinth and the city of Locusts. Anyone know if its available but has been brought down from the store?

Secondly I was thinking of making the players Dragon Riders instead of Mythic Characters. I am interested in your thoughts and how you think this would work.

You know what is funny? I am gearing up to run WotR as well. I am holding off until the vision update comes into play as I want to see what FG can really do.

As far as what is available in the store, you might be out of luck. I think when this AP came out, there was something the rule set was not able to accommodate with the mythic stuff or the creator of the modules dropped out. I don't remember which and I might be completely incorrect as well (my memory seems to suck). You might just have to convert the remaining books yourself and go from there. Luckily, conversion of books doesn't take too long once you get the hang of things. It is the LOS that is giving my the most issues at the moment.

edit - First book module creator chimes in here. Not dead, but awaiting an extension to be created when he has time.
    Last edited by Blahness98; March 4th, 2021 at 15:33.
    Ultimate License Holder

Running:
    Nothing at the moment.

Time Zone: Central Time (GMT -6)

Hi all. Yes that is correct.

The first module was like any other PF1e module and I developed it rather quickly. Then, when I looked at AP 2 of the series, the direction changed from the standard adventuring module to one very centered on armies and army management. If I developed it without the extension, the army stuff would be nothing but stories and would likely generate a ton of complaints. Therefore, I decided to wait a bit to do it correctly with an extension.

Of course, it would be nice to know if I am correct or not. If GMs don't care and don't mind changing army information for their players due to them being in story entries, I can prioritize the AP modules ahead of the extension.

I still need to wait a month or so due to working on a ruleset for a new game system coming out but it might make the APs come out a bit sooner. Then I can focus on the extension afterward. I had assumed the GMs/Players would want the proper tools up front, but if I'm wrong, please do let me know.
    Developer for lots of adventures, particularly 5E, Pathfinder, Starfinder, and Pathfinder 2E

Timezone: US Eastern Time
    Ultimate License Holder

I am just one person but the army part of the story is not something particularly important to me. Its a nice story to include but I dont really care to play the interactions on it. Now my players might have a different point of view. Thank you both for your comments on this thread your info is exactly what I was hoping to get!

I will be frank, I didnt know that a large part of the Adventure Path was a Army level encounters. I was just reading the descriptions of the modules on the Piazo site. I was just focused on the storyline. That was the draw for me, the epic aspect of possibly closing the World Wound through the heroic actions of a group of Players.
    Last edited by hunz; March 4th, 2021 at 19:43.

Yeah, much like how Kingmaker was about kingdom building, this AP is about building armies.

I just perused the 2nd module (didn't read it but skimmed it) and it appears that approximately 20-25% of the adventure has to do with armies and/or army mechanics. I think there are aspect that you will do as adventures and other aspects that will be as leaders of an army against evil forces.

I'm being purposely vague because I don't know how to create spoiler text.
    Developer for lots of adventures, particularly 5E, Pathfinder, Starfinder, and Pathfinder 2E

Ultimate License Holder

All of the army combat stuff can be accomplished using NPC sheets in FG. The mass combat rules are a thin veneer over the same core mechanic: d20 + bonuses (i.e. to hit) vs. a defense value (i.e. AC). That's how I did it when I ran it a few years ago. All the other boons and special modifiers can be handled via effects. Would it be nice to have a fancy extension? Sure. Is it necessary? Not at all. The mass combat rules aren't particularly fun or balanced anyway, so the quicker you can get the fights over with and move on, the better.

Actually, I never considered just making it an NPC sheet. Good idea. I will do that and prioritize the AP before the extension then. To be honest, I don't know mass combat rules so I never considered that.

It will still be another month or so before I get to it but I'll make it the next priority.

Ultimate License Holder

Also as a note... the army mechanic is really only used in book 2.

Thanks for the information. That's helpful.

Ultimate License Holder

Quote Originally Posted by Phixation View Post
    Also as a note... the army mechanic is really only used in book 2.
    My players and I were disappointed by that fact when I ran it a couple years locally. One of the players tailored his character to command armies and regretted it after the second book.

Thread Information