FG Spreadshirt Swag

Effects coding bug for ability scores

Hey I attached a screenshot for an effects coding bug. For INT STR and DEX it halves the modification and rounds down. For the others it seems to roll properly when set to XXX:1. Anything higher than a 1 modifier it reverts to halving.

Thanks for the report. I will have a look and see what might be causing the issue.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

How to provide an Unity Connection issue?-Connection Issues and What to Provide

Unity Updater issue?-Updater Issues

Classic and Unity Port Forwarding?-Fantasy Grounds Connections Explained

Comcast or Cox ISP User?-Comcast XFinity and Cox Users

Have a suggestion?-Idea Informer

Quote Originally Posted by bayne7400 View Post
    Hey I attached a screenshot for an effects coding bug. For INT STR and DEX it halves the modification and rounds down. For the others it seems to roll properly when set to XXX:1. Anything higher than a 1 modifier it reverts to halving.
    I investigated the process for those effects and it looks like the code is adding the number to the ability score and then refactoring the bonus. Is this the proper way to handle this or was it supposed to be a straight add to the bonus for the roll?
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

Quote Originally Posted by superteddy57 View Post
    I investigated the process for those effects and it looks like the code is adding the number to the ability score and then refactoring the bonus. Is this the proper way to handle this or was it supposed to be a straight add to the bonus for the roll?
    I would imagine that as this has been in the ruleset for a long time that this is what people have got used to. There are spells and magic items that modify the base ability score - not the bonus. So I wouldn't change it as it could screw up user's effects they've been using for a while. I know the Wiki says "XXX modifier" - but this is a bit vague.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

I pushed a hotfix to add the bonus directly to the roll so a DEX:1 will add a +1 to the roll. I can revert the code if this does become an issue. I just went off the wiki for it's functionality. I'm just not sure and need some feedback.
    Last edited by superteddy57; March 4th, 2021 at 19:54.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

Well thanks for looking at it ST.

Quote Originally Posted by superteddy57 View Post
    I pushed a hotfix to add the bonus directly to the roll so a DEX:1 will add a +1 to the roll. I can revert the code if this does become an issue. I just went off the wiki for it's functionality. I'm just not sure and need some feedback.
    Thanks for trying Superteddy. Unfortunately, this has no effect. I tried a bunch of ways to get this to work and saw no effect. The TLG guys are working on revamping the ruleset and asked others to playtest their efforts in a few weeks.

Edited
    Last edited by bayne7400; March 4th, 2021 at 22:21.

I have reverted the code to the original as it was functioning as it was coded, just a bad interpretation by myself. The effect code when using DEX: 1 will add a 1 to the score and refactor a new bonus from the new score.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

Now that I know the wiki is not exactly correct and understand how it should work we can work around it for sure.

using ABIL:# [ability] will update the modifier

In other words ABIL:1 charisma raises the roll by one when you roll charisma

Just ABIL:1 raises the rolls of all attribute rolls by 1.

And like Trenloe and ST pointed out DEX:2 just raises your dex score not the modifier. Had I actually scrolled all the way down to examples it would have helped
    Last edited by bayne7400; March 4th, 2021 at 22:37.

Thread Information