Starfinder Playlist

Linux Unity Issues since 3/3 update

I updated this morning and was unable to start a local session, or a cloud-based session.

I attached the log files from my game: fgu_logs_20210303.2.zip and from the 5e Sample Campaign: fgu_logs_20210303.zip

I tried removing and reinstalling the software, but getting the same issues. Up until the update, this instance on Linux was working fine. My Windows 10 system updated last night (I'm assuming the same update) and works just fine.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Mirloc; March 3rd, 2021 at 18:19. Reason: (Edited to add system information)

This error in the log here:
    [ERROR] Unknown ruleset name (5E)

This implies that the 5E.pak is not available (or not readable) in the FG data folder.

Can you verify that the 5E.pak is in the rulesets folder under the location specified for the FG data folder in the Settings application?

Regards,
    JPG

Thanks Moon,

The file is there, and shows in the folder as:

-rw-r--r-- 1 david david 5981600 Mar 2 18:06 5E.pak

I did completely sync my FGDATA folder between my Linux laptop and Windows Laptop to see if I had a corrupted 5E.pak, but it didn't seem to make any difference (in either the working Windows or now not-working Linux). I completely wiped the FGDATA on the Linux computer, and brought over the Windows FGDATA directory enmass, that resulted in the same thing, as did wiping the Linux FGDATA and allowing the updater to grab the (basically) empty default, moved the folder to /home/David/fgdata rather than the default /home/David/.smiteworks/fgdata that works and the existing campaign loads just fine. Really weird...

Thanks, I am good.

Glad you got it working.

It "sounds" like it was some sort of permissions issue; but I'm not sure. Something to keep an eye on if it happens again.

Regards,
    JPG

Thread Information