STAR TREK 2d20

Playes not able to pull up content like FEATS or SPELLS

This may be more of a general usage question for FGU but since we are playing a PF2E campaign I am asking here.

Tonight my players leveled up to 4th and we had all kinds of problems with them getting to the data they needed for FEATS and SPELLS. In general there was no data populating in the windows when they would bring them up. We did not have this problem a few weeks ago when they leveled up to 3rd. Going through various things on their end we found that all of the sources I had shared with them were not loaded. I am unsure why the sources (like the PF2E rulebook, Advanced Player Guide, etc) would have become unloaded on their end when they were obviously loaded before. Should my players have to check and recheck every time we play to be sure sources are loaded? Why would they be unloading themselves? All four of my players had this same issue. I have been using FG for many years and have not seen this behavior before.

Another issue we were seeing is that they seemed to be able to see sources that I had not even loaded like the Starfinder ruleset. I did not think players could see things that I had not loaded.

Last edited by Stargrove; March 20th, 2021 at 06:26.

To answer your second issue, the players can see everything that you have allowed them to see, i.e. every module with the green check mark next to it.
    “Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.”

Terry Pratchett [RIP] - Jingo

Are you running in the test channel? If so, the players should have switched to the test channel too and their local settings (included modules loaded) will have been reset for campaigns they’d previously joined when in live as that data is held in a different location.

For the second point - do you have the Universal Modules extension loaded?
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

1) Last weekend I backed up my campaigns and brought up the Test Channel in FGU so I could play around with lighting. I did not open any of my active campaigns with that version though. I did switch back to Live on Sunday to do more work on my main campaign before we gamed on the 19th.

2) Yes, I am using the Universal Module extension as I am currently running a PF1E AP (Mummy's Mask) in the PF2E ruleset.

The universal modules extension makes it that any modules you have are available across all rulesets. This means that all of the player modules, across all rulesets, will be automatically allowed. You'll need to go into the Module Activation window and disallow those you don't want the players to have access to, or ask them nicely not to load them!
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

[Light goes on]

Ok, I did not realize if a source has the green check mark next to it on my end, even if I do not have it loaded, that the players would still be able to see it. They could see things like my Starfinder and Mongoose Traveller 2e rule sets. I wonder if they could have gotten sneaky and pulled in some almost compatible weapons from Starfinder. That probably would have thrown a bunch of errors though.

I removed all the unneeded green checks and now players can only see what they need for the campaign. Thanks for the assist.

Thread Information