DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 3 of 5 First 12345 Last
    If you could give me an example on where max and min would be useful, I might be able to think up a way to put it in.

Quote Originally Posted by DCrumb View Post
    If you could give me an example on where max and min would be useful, I might be able to think up a way to put it in.
    I actually found examples of 1/5 as well. Aroden's Magic Army is +1 atk and dmg per 5 caster levels. Bullet Shield is AC: +1 deflection, ranged per 5 caster levels.

Caustic Eruption;DMGO: 6d6 acid is actually 1d6 points of damage per caster level (maximum 20d6)
    something like Caustic Eruption;DMGO: [CL20]d6 acid for max of 20d6.
    Blood Of The Martyr;DMGO:1d6 could be Blood Of The Martyr;DMGO:[QCL4]d6 for max of 4d6.

Dazzling Blade;SKILL:1 [TCL] competence, bluff;CMB:1 [TCL] competence;CMD:1 [TCL] competence could be [TCL5] for max of 5

Divine Favor;ATK:[TCL] luck;DMG:[TCL] luck could be [,1TCL3] for min 1 or max of 3
    I'm not a big fan of the min notation I have here, so probably change that

Barkskin;AC:1 [TCL] natural could be [TCL5] for max of 5
    Last edited by bmos; March 20th, 2021 at 12:54.

So per 5 caster levels could add a letter F (for fifth) to our prefixes. You are actually onto something with the comma. That could be used at the end of the tag (so [QCL,4] or [TCL1,3]), since the comma isn't used as a delimiter and could be used to capture the min/max. I'm still looking into trying to figure out tag dx notation (the ending bracket is a delimiter so it splits it up into two "words" and doesn't do the tag change first and then look at the dice notation).

Finally figured it out. Had to change the matching in a few places and used the dash instead (so [QCL-4] or [TCL1-3], also able to do [CL5-15]). Here is the extension, only based on the base PFRPG with no other extensions.
    Attached Files Attached Files

The dash actually makes sense, too!
    Nice job!!

The dash actually makes sense, too. Nice job!!

I cleaned it up to improve compatibility with other extensions and make it easier to keep updated when FG updates (only 2.2KB now )
    I also noticed it would bring up a script error when you used it like [CL20-] so I fixed that also.

I wonder if this notation is clean enough to get added to the ruleset if you post saying you grant an unlimited license in perpetuity for use of this change if SmiteWorks would like to use it...
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by bmos; March 21st, 2021 at 18:08.

Well, the fifth modifier is just an extension of the others, so shouldn't need anything, but if they do then I grant Smiteworks an unlimited license in perpetuity to Smiteworks to use. Those could be logically taken out all the way to nine if needed (say X for sixth, V for seventh, E for eighth, N for ninth). If Smiteworks likes the Min/Max notation and scripting I grant an unlimited license in perpetuity to Smiteworks for use.

Quote Originally Posted by DCrumb View Post
    Well, the fifth modifier is just an extension of the others, so shouldn't need anything, but if they do then I grant Smiteworks an unlimited license in perpetuity to Smiteworks to use. Those could be logically taken out all the way to nine if needed (say X for sixth, V for seventh, E for eighth, N for ninth). If Smiteworks likes the Min/Max notation and scripting I grant an unlimited license in perpetuity to Smiteworks for use.
    Hey DCrumb, since SmiteWorks hasn't picked this up and you haven't released it as a standalone extension (had a hard time remembering what thread this was in), perhaps you won't mind Kelrugem adding this to his effects modifications in FullOverlayPackage? It seems like a great fit for the changes already included there.

I agree, or create a new thread just for the extension, I had a hard time to find as well.

Thread Information