DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 4 of 7 First ... 23456 ... Last
    thanks for the updated task chain extension mbm.

i've been building tables to support or PoD campaign and am now wondering if a table can trigger a task chain?

cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by adzling View Post
    thanks for the updated task chain extension mbm.

i've been building tables to support or PoD campaign and am now wondering if a table can trigger a task chain?

cheers!
    Hi Adzling,

I'm not sure, as a task chain is just the tasks window, it's like having a small window with just that chain in and then that appearing...

Interesting.

Btw download the extension again, I just added 'Unskilled' rolls being allowed

Cheers,
    MBM
    Ruleset and much more content built for FGU.
    Come join me on Twitter at: https://twitter.com/MadBeardMan to see what I'm up to!

Quote Originally Posted by MadBeardMan View Post
    Hi,

Sadly the player window doesn't have the helpful 'surround' appear when you're on it, but when you drag the dice, it's the 'hand' that has to be in the description box, around about the middle, I'll try and get a visual indicator added tomorrow.

Cheers,
    MBM
    Follow-up. v4 works great. Was able to test with a second instance of FG and worked as expected.

Question: the effect for the first roll applies to the second roll directly in my tests ... meaning if the effect of the first roll was 5, the next roll in the chain got a +5. However, according to the chart on task chains on page 60, the effect is used to determine a modifier from -3 to +3. Am I misunderstanding something from the core book, or should the extension reflect the core book and doesn't?

Quote Originally Posted by dQnielk View Post
    Follow-up. v4 works great. Was able to test with a second instance of FG and worked as expected.

Question: the effect for the first roll applies to the second roll directly in my tests ... meaning if the effect of the first roll was 5, the next roll in the chain got a +5. However, according to the chart on task chains on page 60, the effect is used to determine a modifier from -3 to +3. Am I misunderstanding something from the core book, or should the extension reflect the core book and doesn't?
    Hi dQnielk,

Good spot. I was too focused on Spacecraft and fixing the issue without the rolls not registering (this is down to the fact you need a new action type which is in Dev but not live.

So I'll fix up the Task Chain extension tomorrow as it's 01:11 here and I should go to sleep, but busy working on the PC sheets Ship Tab

Expect v0.5 tomorrow at some point.

Cheers,
    MBM
    Come join me on Twitter at: https://twitter.com/MadBeardMan to see what I'm up to!

Afternoon All,

I've just added the updated Task Chains extension, it's got the fix that dQnielk highlight last night.

Version: 0.5 - In the chat window on loading it will tell you it's this version.
    • Changed Effect title to 'Next DM', as this is what this number does
    • Changed the effect to match the next DM based on the Core Rulebook

I keep having more ideas on, but gotta focus on the PC spacecraft stuff.

Download play and let me know!

Cheers,
    MBM

What ever you did with the 5th version made it work for me, this is REALLY good stuff, I love it!!

Quote Originally Posted by Tallens View Post
    What ever you did with the 5th version made it work for me, this is REALLY good stuff, I love it!!
    See the update on the original post for 0.4 and 0.5, basically, I call 'TASKS' their own thing (so I can capture the roll result) and that's what stopped it working for you, as I run in the Dev Channel and that has the updated actions....

Glad it's working, that's ace news.

Cheers,
    MBM

Quote Originally Posted by MadBeardMan View Post
    See the update on the original post for 0.4 and 0.5, basically, I call 'TASKS' their own thing (so I can capture the roll result) and that's what stopped it working for you, as I run in the Dev Channel and that has the updated actions....

Glad it's working, that's ace news.

Cheers,
    MBM
    Good work, thank you. Every thing five by five.

Awesome.

This really is a good addition.

Thanks Dalton/MBM

Thread Information