DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last

Barbarian Handbook

Do we know if Smiteworks will be releasing an official copy of the Barbarian Handbook for use in 2e game play....?

Blog Entries
    I don't believe it is planned at the present time, that said, perhaps someone will decide to put the work in (I would also buy it).
    "I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."

- John Diefenbaker

RIP Canada, February 21, 2022

Quote Originally Posted by JohnD View Post
    I don't believe it is planned at the present time, that said, perhaps someone will decide to put the work in (I would also buy it).
    Yeah, went on Ebay and they have the handbook but it is selling for around $60-75. Would be nice to find one more affordable...lol

Hopefully someone will produce it for the Store

Quote Originally Posted by TXCBoy36 View Post
    Yeah, went on Ebay and they have the handbook but it is selling for around $60-75. Would be nice to find one more affordable...lol

Hopefully someone will produce it for the Store
    Drivethrurpg.com has all of these in pdf for around 5 bucks.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

Quote Originally Posted by celestian View Post
    Thanks!

Outside of building kits in Character Generation, is there any need in getting this books. Can we create the kits on our own if we have the books in hard copy?

Quote Originally Posted by TXCBoy36 View Post
    Outside of building kits in Character Generation, is there any need in getting this books. Can we create the kits on our own if we have the books in hard copy?
    You can make any kit/class you've a desire to General things are fairly simple ... specialty classes with various features might be harder. I would look at the class/kits that exist in the PHB and general handbooks for examples on how to create them.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

You can make any kit/class you've a desire to General things are fairly simple ... specialty classes with various features might be harder. I would look at the class/kits that exist in the PHB and general handbooks for examples on how to create them.
    When you mention general handbooks, I am assuming that your referencing Wizard, Fighter, etc., Handbooks? Can someone provide a photo of what one of these kits look like as I do not have any so have no idea what goes into it....sorry for the big noob question

I created the Barbarian Ravager for one of my Players, took me about an hour.
    First i made a copy of the Fighter and changed HD & XP needed for the Barbarian.
    Then i created the Kit and copied the specs from my pdf.
    Kits are in the various “Complete...“ books, not in the PHB.
    Just take a look at an existing Class/Kit from one of the other books, especially the entries in the various tabs.
    It's basically the same structure for each class and once you've figured that out it's only copy/paste.
    I advise creating a new campaign for that. So you can export your stuff into a .mod and use it in every other campaign.

Quote Originally Posted by AlterZwerg View Post
    I created the Barbarian Ravager for one of my Players, took me about an hour.
    First i made a copy of the Fighter and changed HD & XP needed for the Barbarian.
    Then i created the Kit and copied the specs from my pdf.
    Kits are in the various “Complete...“ books, not in the PHB.
    Just take a look at an existing Class/Kit from one of the other books, especially the entries in the various tabs.
    It's basically the same structure for each class and once you've figured that out it's only copy/paste.
    I advise creating a new campaign for that. So you can export your stuff into a .mod and use it in every other campaign.
    Ok, I will grab one of the hand books so I can see what it looks like. I have the physical books, just do not have them for FG so I have no idea on how it is suppose to look within the VTT under the Kits tab.

Thanks!

Thread Information