5E Character Create Playlist
Page 44 of 68 First ... 34424344454654 ... Last

Yeah, I kind of figured that would be the case for the non-raw. The raw will work just fin e for us, especially the whiners in the group. ;-)

Thanks again!

I am sure this has been asked before, but there ARE 40+ pages to go through...
    Does this work with Automatic Flanking and Range for the setting "Ranged in Melee Auto Disadvantage"?
    I have a token at ground level next to a token with a height of 25ft. The range shows 25 feet, but I still get Disadvantage rolls for target in melee range.

Thanks!
    Screenshot_61.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by razzed1 View Post
    I am sure this has been asked before, but there ARE 40+ pages to go through...
    Does this work with Automatic Flanking and Range for the setting "Ranged in Melee Auto Disadvantage"?
    I have a token at ground level next to a token with a height of 25ft. The range shows 25 feet, but I still get Disadvantage rolls for target in melee range.

Thanks!
    Screenshot_61.jpg
    Kent updated his ext to use the height measure. Make sure you have removed both this ext and Kent's and re-download both. I have tested it on my system and it is working. Other Kent ext (pack tactics and sneak attack) have also been updated.

I only have one other extension that is "not mine" in my campaigns - but man... This one just broke down a barrier for me. Kudos on this one. Simple, sleek coding. Instantly hooks into things that use the FGU token distance functionality.

I'm adding this one to all my campaigns. Well done author. Well done.
    Free(Forums/Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):
    Paid (Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):

Thanks for the feedback! Glad it's working well for you.

Quote Originally Posted by GKEnialb View Post
    Thanks for the feedback! Glad it's working well for you.
    I know I sent you a bunch of PM's but I figure we are on different time zones. Basically, I've rewritten some of the image.lua file to solve two problems...
    1. Conflict with other people who use onMeasurePointer (need to call super first so they get a shot)
    2. Becomes unusable when large number of tokens on map (streamline of processing in onMeasurePointer)

I've included a zipped "test" version with these fixes. I tested under the test campaign I use to test my stuff tailored for "Big Battle Test" things, which is where I verified that Token Height made the campaign unusable then verified this fix that it made it much better. I'm sure their could be more streamlining where getTokens() calls are involved though. However, this is "good enough".

Thanks so much for this. Wasn't checking these messages because I was swamped with work all day, so appreciate you looking into it. I knew that the getTokens calls weren't very efficient, but hadn't noticed it get that bad. I'll do a bit of testing with these changes myself and update the Forge if all works well.

---

The proposed code changes all looked good and all my testing passed. I've uploaded the new version to the Forge and just waiting for it to become active.
    Last edited by GKEnialb; January 26th, 2022 at 04:10. Reason: testing / forge update

Thanks so much for this. Wasn't checking these messages because I was swamped with work all day, so appreciate you looking into it. I knew that the getTokens calls weren't very efficient, but hadn't noticed it get that bad. I'll do a bit of testing with these changes myself and update the Forge if all works well.

---

The proposed code changes all looked good and all my testing passed. I've uploaded the new version to the Forge and just waiting for it to become active.
    Weird - usually all I do is refresh the forge page and get back in my forge item and its ready to be made DATA - LIVE. Anyway - I'll check it out when it gets there as 4.11 was still showing for me. Also I just slapped that together - it might be worthwhile to see if there are other places that get hit with a lot of getTokens() where you just get them at the top level and pass the returned structure of them to all the lower levels that use them. But the bulk of slow down fix should be good enough as is.
    Last edited by SilentRuin; January 26th, 2022 at 05:23.

Yeah, normally it's super quick, sometimes it takes a while. It is up and ready to go now. I'll look for other optimizations when I get a chance. Thanks again.

Yeah, normally it's super quick, sometimes it takes a while. It is up and ready to go now. I'll look for other optimizations when I get a chance. Thanks again.
    Yep AdvantagesPA.ext now works with it and the performance is improved. It's actually good enough now that its hard to tell where FGU slowness with LOS and lighting and large number of tokens is not the sole issue left.

Thank you!

[Further more refined testing shows its still slower with it loaded so I'll look to see if anything else can be done - it may just be a limit based on the single getTokens() search being hit so frequently (with lots of tokens)]
    Last edited by SilentRuin; January 26th, 2022 at 17:11.

Thread Information