STAR TREK 2d20
Page 43 of 68 First ... 33414243444553 ... Last
    Thanks for the report. The image.lua in TokenHeight only has 64 lines and doesn't have targetToken, so I'm guessing that Combat Modifier Calculation is pulling in the base version. I'll download that extension and try to confirm.

I can't recreate it following the steps in your post with just Token Height and Combat Modifier Calculation loaded (using 3.5, at least - which ruleset are you using?) Created two PCs with ranged attacks, added them to the combat tracker, drug them onto a map, opened one character sheet and drug the attack onto the other, without issue. If you're recreating with a different set of steps, please list them and confirm those are the only two extensions loaded.

Quote Originally Posted by GKEnialb View Post
    I can't recreate it following the steps in your post with just Token Height and Combat Modifier Calculation loaded (using 3.5, at least - which ruleset are you using?) Created two PCs with ranged attacks, added them to the combat tracker, drug them onto a map, opened one character sheet and drug the attack onto the other, without issue. If you're recreating with a different set of steps, please list them and confirm those are the only two extensions loaded.
    That is strange. I am using pathfinder ruleset and only using those rulesets.
    I will try to delete all my extension, redownload them and try again to see if that fixes it.

I will post a more comprehensive bug report when my kids are asleep tonight.

I just did a quick test.
    It is only a bug for my existing campaigns. If I create a new campaign there is no errors.

Thank you for trying it out.

No worries. Glad that works for new campaigns, at least (though strange). Have you tried just clearing out the combat tracker and maps and re-adding everything? Or in the worst case, exporting / importing your campaign data?

Quote Originally Posted by GKEnialb View Post
    No worries. Glad that works for new campaigns, at least (though strange). Have you tried just clearing out the combat tracker and maps and re-adding everything? Or in the worst case, exporting / importing your campaign data?
    I have not tried that, thanks your the tip.

It is not a problem, I dont have any running campaigns at the moment.

FYI
    Love the Ext.
    I am running a Champions campaign using this extension with the MoreCore ruleset.
    Grid is hex and 1 meter.
    So far, so good.

Awesome. Glad it's working for you - I think you may be the first to use it with a hex grid. Let me know if you encounter anything strange.

If the grid is set to raw it looks like the numbers are pretty close to expected, but the numbers look a little high when the grid is not in raw mode. Here is a picture and some data. Note the map is one I created / imported, the hex grid is 10.0 x 10.0 pixels and a hex is 1 meter.

example_height.jpg

example_data.jpg
    Last edited by lamorric; January 14th, 2022 at 17:57.

It actually looks like it's working as expected.

For raw measurements: The target being due north and northwest should be the same (tried it without TokenHeight to confirm and both showed 4m), so column H and N being identical is correct. Not sure what calculation you're using for K, but it should be sqrt((x1-x2)^2+(y1-y2)^2+(z1-z2)^2) all values in pixels, divided by the grid pixel size. For an image looking just like yours, the attacker is at (933.4749146, 594.6726072188, 0) and the target is at (898.68267822266, 574.81237792969, 0), which has a distance of 40.06156 pixels, or 4.0m. I do round to single decimal point in raw.

For non-raw measurements: Morecore is returning 1.5 as the diagonal rule (same as D&D 3.5 or PFRPG). The distance calculation for that is taking the full amount of the maximum delta in any dimension and half the amount of of the delta in the other two dimensions (scaled to the units and gridsize). So if the attacker is 10m higher, the two locations in pixels are (933.4749146, 594.6726072188, 100) and (898.68267822266, 574.81237792969, 0), with the biggest difference in the z-axis of 100, and taking half of the differences of the x-axis (34.79223633) and y-axis (19.86022929) for a total distance of 127.3262, which is 12 hexes or 12m (trying to get the figures directly into the grid was tough, so the pixels I had may be slightly skewed from the pixels you had, so the 12m vs 13m isn't too surprising).

So basically, if you want to use "real" math, you need to use raw measurements. If you use the default Morecore settings, your values won't be as accurate, but that's just how Morecore diagonals are defined. Let me know if any of that doesn't make sense.

Thread Information