STAR TREK 2d20
Page 31 of 68 First ... 21293031323341 ... Last
    Hi there! I just want to say this extension is one of my favourites. However, I recently purchased the Modern Dark Theme (it's great too) and there is a bit of a conflict. The token height font colour matches the dark theme! It's basically unreadable. No error messages or anything. This might be an issue with other dark themed tables as well (Sir Motte?).

Attached is a screenshot of what I mean. The Aarocokra should be +50 ft.

Screen Shot 2021-07-11 at 11.09.01 PM.png

Thanks very much for your work!

Quote Originally Posted by charmov View Post
    Hi there! I just want to say this extension is one of my favourites. However, I recently purchased the Modern Dark Theme (it's great too) and there is a bit of a conflict. The token height font colour matches the dark theme! It's basically unreadable. No error messages or anything. This might be an issue with other dark themed tables as well (Sir Motte?).

Attached is a screenshot of what I mean. The Aarocokra should be +50 ft.

Screen Shot 2021-07-11 at 11.09.01 PM.png

Thanks very much for your work!
    That needs to be fixed by SirMotte I think

Quote Originally Posted by bmos View Post
    That needs to be fixed by SirMotte I think
    The screenshot shown is the official Smiteworks theme, and evidence of this extensions being overly specific with coloring (I'll take a look later today to see if there's a one-line omission to fix it). Sir Motte has in fact already addressed the issue in his theme, because he is both a gentleman and a scholar.

Edit: After a quick look, it seems to stem from the alternate font options, "height_medium" and "height_large". As I am not aware of a mechanism to define a font based on another font's color, is may be necessary to re-use existing fonts from the ruleset in order to work with many of the official themes.
    Last edited by MeAndUnique; July 12th, 2021 at 18:41.
    My Forge creations: https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/crafter/9/view-profile
    My GitHub: https://github.com/MeAndUnique
    Buy me a coffee: https://ko-fi.com/meandunique
    Discord: MeAndUnique#6805

Quote Originally Posted by MeAndUnique View Post
    The screenshot shown is the official Smiteworks theme, and evidence of this extensions being overly specific with coloring (I'll take a look later today to see if there's a one-line omission to fix it). Sir Motte has in fact already addressed the issue in his theme, because he is both a gentleman and a scholar.
    Oops, I missed that. I should have guessed SirMotte would have done that already. That theme is incredible.

Quote Originally Posted by MeAndUnique View Post
    Edit: After a quick look, it seems to stem from the alternate font options, "height_medium" and "height_large". As I am not aware of a mechanism to define a font based on another font's color, is may be necessary to re-use existing fonts from the ruleset in order to work with many of the official themes.
    Or just add an option in settings.

@bmos @meandunique thanks to both of you for looking into this. Completely agree with your assessment of sir motte!

Thanks charmov for reporting and bmos and MeAndUnique for investigating (and I also agree with the words on SirMotte). I've uploaded v4.6 which allows the font color to be set to dark, medium, or light. Probably could have done something a little more elegant, but at least this should work regardless of the theme. Let me know if it works okay with Modern Dark Theme or it needs to be tweaked.

Quote Originally Posted by GKEnialb View Post
    Thanks charmov for reporting and bmos and MeAndUnique for investigating (and I also agree with the words on SirMotte). I've uploaded v4.6 which allows the font color to be set to dark, medium, or light. Probably could have done something a little more elegant, but at least this should work regardless of the theme. Let me know if it works okay with Modern Dark Theme or it needs to be tweaked.
    Thanks! It works like a charm.

Attached is a screenshot of your update for Smiteworks official Modern Dark Theme.
    Screen Shot 2021-07-13 at 3.31.46 PM.png

Sooo good!

Awesome. Glad it worked out!

Error using Height Indicator 4.5 and Aura Effect 1.4

I get this when PC has aura effect and is on a map.

When loading the campaign, I select Combat Tracker. This shows the Combat Tracker but also launches the map window and the error. Not having any aura effects on the PC's and this does not happen.

Quote Originally Posted by kevininrussia View Post
    Error using Height Indicator 4.5 and Aura Effect 1.4

I get this when PC has aura effect and is on a map.

When loading the campaign, I select Combat Tracker. This shows the Combat Tracker but also launches the map window and the error. Not having any aura effects on the PC's and this does not happen.
    Weird, I seem to have a check for that edge case in my code:
    Code:
    	if not tokenMap.getContainerNode or not CombatManager then
    		return;
    	end
    This should keep it from calling getDistanceBetween if the token isn't on a map.
    But perhaps tokenMap.getContainerNode doesn't return nil if not on a map. I should have time to test later today hopefully.

EDIT: Can you re-test with the latest version of Token Height? The line numbers changed so 124 isn't right anymore.
    Last edited by bmos; July 14th, 2021 at 13:22.

Thread Information