DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 30 of 68 First ... 20282930313240 ... Last
    Thanks nephraka. I do use pack tactics. I suppose I need to decide which is more impactful for now based on npc encounter comp. Hmm.

Quote Originally Posted by estrolof View Post
    Thanks nephraka. I do use pack tactics. I suppose I need to decide which is more impactful for now based on npc encounter comp. Hmm.
    Sure thing. I just suffer the lack of pack tactics automatically working with height. It does not come up very often.

Quote Originally Posted by bmos View Post
    Aren't you?
    I did override Token.getDistanceBetween in my original contribution:
    https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...l=1#post598151
    That was in image.lua (or at least, that's what I assumed based upon the other functions), so just for the imagecontrol. I know that token's getTokensWithinDistance doesn't call imagecontrol's getTokensWithinDistance, but the two getDistanceBetweens must work together normally. But maybe if I'm explicit (override TokenManager.getDistanceBetween to get its image and called that getDistanceBetween), it may help things. Probably wishful thinking, but I can't image that it'll hurt.

Uploaded v4.5 which:
    • Overrode imagecontrol getTokensWithinDistance to allow other extensions which call that to take height into account. Thanks for the suggestion, bmos!
    • Overrode Token versions of getDistanceBetween and getTokensWithinDistance to call the imagecontrol versions.
    • Return 0 instead of nil in getDistanceBetween if CombatManager disappeared.

Quote Originally Posted by eporrini View Post
    I remember this was implemented to fix a token glitch issue when applying effects. It seems to have returned, possibly a regression bug? (v4.1 Changed all local functions to just functions in an attempt to remove the disappearing functions bug). Playing 5e with the latest extension. All tokens "clear" to blank (no health, no blood, no status etc) when an effect (shield spell as example) is dropped on a PC.
    I finally had the time to troubleshoot this. Seems to be an issue with lighting not related to an extension. I submitted a thread to have the developers look into it. Sorry for the confusion, it mirrored so closely the prior issue that I jumped to a conclusion.

Quote Originally Posted by GKEnialb View Post
    That was in image.lua (or at least, that's what I assumed based upon the other functions), so just for the imagecontrol. I know that token's getTokensWithinDistance doesn't call imagecontrol's getTokensWithinDistance, but the two getDistanceBetweens must work together normally. But maybe if I'm explicit (override TokenManager.getDistanceBetween to get its image and called that getDistanceBetween), it may help things. Probably wishful thinking, but I can't image that it'll hurt.
    Pretty sure that it was fine where it was, but here's hoping that was the issue!

Quote Originally Posted by eporrini View Post
    I finally had the time to troubleshoot this. Seems to be an issue with lighting not related to an extension. I submitted a thread to have the developers look into it. Sorry for the confusion, it mirrored so closely the prior issue that I jumped to a conclusion.
    No worries - thanks for investigating!

Lat night I had some players having trouble adjusting the height on the client side. The host had no issues. I will investigate and see if I can reproduce it. It may just be user error.

Quote Originally Posted by nephranka View Post
    Lat night I had some players having trouble adjusting the height on the client side. The host had no issues. I will investigate and see if I can reproduce it. It may just be user error.
    Must have been a strange bug. I can not reproduce this on my build. False alarm.

Quote Originally Posted by nephranka View Post
    Must have been a strange bug. I can not reproduce this on my build. False alarm.
    Thanks for attempting to reproduce. Fingers crossed that you don't see it again.

Thread Information