Starfinder Playlist
Page 11 of 68 First ... 9101112132161 ... Last
    Thanks for this extension, GKEnialb - started using it with my group and it's very handy!

Quick question - is there a way for players to be able to alter the height for NPC's that they own? My players have a familiar and pet spider in the party and they are able to modify their own character token's height but not the NPC's they own. Not a big deal adjusting on DM side, was just wondering if I was missing something to give them more control.

Thanks, MassSailor. The players should be able to modify any tokens they own, but it's possible that "own" may mean something different for PCs vs NPCs. How did you give control of the NPCs to the players? Can the players move the NPC themselves (with the DM acceptance if token locked)?

I should have specified originally, but my question is for 5E using FG Unity. To give a player NPC control, I followed these steps:

1. Put the NPC on the combat tracker.
    2. Change their faction to friendly
    3. Drag the link from the Combat Tracker to the PC portrait on the desktop.
    4. Put the NPC token on the map.

I also have Party Vision and Movement set to "On."

Results: Players are able to move NPCs and open up NPC character sheets to perform attacks, saves, etc. Players can change their own token height but not the height of the assigned NPC.

Just to be sure, I deleted NPCs that were active before enabling the extension and re-added them following the steps above after enabling - no change.

Quote Originally Posted by GKEnialb View Post
    Thanks, MassSailor. The players should be able to modify any tokens they own, but it's possible that "own" may mean something different for PCs vs NPCs. How did you give control of the NPCs to the players? Can the players move the NPC themselves (with the DM acceptance if token locked)?
    Possibly you're checking for owner but the player is just a 'holder'?

Quote Originally Posted by bmos View Post
    Possibly you're checking for owner but the player is just a 'holder'?
    That is exactly what I'm doing. It looks like dragging the NPC to a player doesn't give ownership, which is why "party vision and movement" needs to be set to move as well. I'll see if I can allow changing the height when that flag is set.

Players can never be "Owners" of NPC records. The record can be shared with a player so they may view it, but Ownership of NPC record types is restricted to the GM. The only record types that Players can have ownership over is Characters and Notes.
    For support with any of my extensions, visit my #mattekure-stuff channel on Rob2e's discord https://discord.gg/rob2e

Thanks, mattekure. That explains why I haven't been able to figure that out! And if someone who is not the owner tries to modify the DB element (where height is stored), bad things happen, so sorry, MassSailor, don't think I can provide that functionality.

Quote Originally Posted by GKEnialb View Post
    Thanks, mattekure. That explains why I haven't been able to figure that out! And if someone who is not the owner tries to modify the DB element (where height is stored), bad things happen, so sorry, MassSailor, don't think I can provide that functionality.
    I think if someone who is holder tries to write to the DB they are allowed to, but it's more complicated to check if the user is a holder because there isn't an isHolder function.
    You need to use getHolders() to get a table of users who are holders and then check if the user is in that table.
    Last edited by bmos; April 28th, 2021 at 15:28.

If the client writes to the DB for something they dont own, it never really commits, it just appears so on the client end but isnt replicated to the GM. To replicate it properly, you would detect the desired change on the client, send an OOB Message that is picked up by the Host, then have the host make the change to the DB. In this way the change is always saved properly to the DB.
    For support with any of my extensions, visit my #mattekure-stuff channel on Rob2e's discord https://discord.gg/rob2e

I reported an error with distance calculations in this thread.
    https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...xtension/page4

It is this extension together with the combat modifer extension. When facing a large token the distance gets calculated incorrectly.
    For explanation see other post. And since you might not know what the screenshot tells us. It adds a penalty to attack because of range between the tokens. Since they are on the same level and adjasent it should not be any more than 5 feet between them, but it is more since it gets a range penalty.

I do not know how to test this calculation with only this extension loaded so I do not know if this is a problem with your extension.

Thread Information