STAR TREK 2d20
Page 6 of 68 First ... 456781656 ... Last
    So apparently I will get to be the problem child.
    Upgraded to 1.7 and the old error is gone, tokens show height as expected.
    Now once I have a player token target a monster and highlight over to check distance I get a new error.

Script Error: [string "campaign/scripts/image.lua"]:7: attempt to call global 'getDistanceBaseUnits' (a nil value)

Let me know any tests you want me to try, happy to test.

*edit.
    Did an additional test by deleting my ..\AppData\Roaming\Fantasy Grounds folder and redownloading everything in case of bad files.
    Created a new campaign using the DMG and Monster manual only and tested and still receive the error when checking distance.
    Last edited by EBF Blackhawk; April 9th, 2021 at 05:11.

Good to be a problem child - get to find all the bugs! Can you confirm which ruleset you're using and that you have the latest FGU build? Is the grid set for the map?

I did make another fix (kept it at 1.7, so grab it again) which should prevent the error, but will return an empty range if it hits it - it can't calculate the range as the built-in call to get the units isn't visible to you for some reason. Hopefully it's a spurious case and it'll still work for you in general.
    Last edited by GKEnialb; April 9th, 2021 at 22:08.

That may be the issue, I am using FGC, not FGU for my game still. Still nervous about FGU performance with LOS in large rooms.

Tested with the latest. No more error, but the distance does not show on the target arrow.

If your intent was just for FGU and not FGC, we can call it good and I will keep this bookmarked for when i upgrade to FGU.

Yeah, that'll do it - I'm guessing that some of the calls I'm making don't exist in FGC. I'll make a note of that on the first post.

The targeting arrow does not seem to take height into account.
    I am on FGU (channel: Test) with only the Height Indicator 1.7 extension

Capture.JPG
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Jinashi; April 10th, 2021 at 11:38.

Interesting - same setup is working fine for me in the stable channel.

Range arrow.png

I don't really want to spend much time in the test channel trying to fix something, as there's no guarantee everything will move forward. If I can recreate it on the stable channel, I'd definitely be happy to investigate. A few questions to help with that:

- Do both tokens appear in the combat tracker?
    - If you target the medium creature with the large creature, does the range also show as 20'?
    - Is the Diagonal Distance option set to standard?
    - If you change the height on the large creature, does the range change?

Thanks. All that should be fine, so it's possible something changed on the test channel. Once those changes make it over to the main channel, I'll be able to fix.

Have just jumped into the Test branch of FGU to take a look, and it seems to be updating just fine on my end.

rangefinder1.png
    rangefinder2.png

What I have noticed is that the range indicators update just fine when the token is the actively selected one, while the issues that you previously mentioned (that I last commented on) only occurs when the token isn't selected.

I'll be tinkering around with my own extensions here, so if I figure anything out I'll come back and share. Otherwise, looks like the issues that Jinashi is having is rather specific. This was tested on v1.7

I have the same problem in the stable version. It's really strange, I must be doing something wrong
    image.JPG

Thread Information