5E Product Walkthrough Playlist

LOS: token movement leaves light "trail" anchored to starting location...

I'm new to designing LOS maps. I've imported an ordinary JPG, turned on LOS and placed a player token on the map. Whenever I move the token it leaves an illuminated trail back to the starting location. Subsequent moves continue to show the trail back to the ORIGINAL starting point. If I click LOS off and then back on, this starting point is reset to wherever the current location is.

The attached images show a before and after condition. I can't figure out what this is.

Token lock is off.

Thanks for your help, Mike
    Attached Images Attached Images

I believe that since you haven't designated any walls, the program only knows of the LOS of the starting point (as the token knows only where it was). If you go to the How Do I? sticky message, there is a video there that shows how to design LOS for maps. https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...-do-I-in-Unity Videos 10-12.

The light trail allows the players to remember where they have been, but if they do not have the direct line of sight to the location, if you change anything within the area, they will not see this. so if they open the door, see an encounter close the door, the encounter inside can reposition before they open the door again

Thanks for the help. It now appears that you see this light trail phenomena if the LOS layer is set to "Visible to GM Only". As soon as I set it to "Visible to All" it started behaving as I expected/wanted.

Yeah, all your layers where GM only Then it is just a blank map for players and a blank map does seemingly not have any visibility besides the spot they were on

Thread Information