DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Laggy cloud-based game?

I had to switch to running my game using the cloud connection and ran a full session with no problems 2 weeks ago - everything was very responsive. Today, as I prepare for tomorrow's gaming session, I get a roughly 10 second delay with the dreaded hourglass every 5th or 6th click.

Obviously, I can't tell if this is at all related to running a cloud-based game instead of a traditional port-forward connection, but I'm wondering if there's anything I can do to optimize my cloud connection or otherwise fix this. I'm connecting over Comcast and my speed tests are at least 250 Mbps. No other Internet or lag problems with other programs that I've noticed.

Thanks!

Blog Entries
    If you don't have players connected to you, then it should not matter your connection type. Lag is more likely due to what you have loaded. A common user error is adding LOS to maps that have CT tokens added to them. But it might also be related to the number of modules you have loaded, extensions, or image size.

Please provide logs, details of your environment, and exact steps to reproduce.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

I disabled as many modules as possible for today's session and I'll see how it runs. I'm using the LOS maps for Curse of the Crimson Throne (specifically the first and second floors of Scarwall). Will see how it goes and report back.

Thanks!

Thread Information