DICE PACKS BUNDLE

LFP 1 - 5E Homebrew - Mature Players

Edit: The party is currently full and we played our first session. However, depending upon interest I might open up a 2nd game in 2-3 weeks... I want to make sure I take nothing away from the primary group before starting a second. So if you are interested please pop me a msg on discord. let me know what class you want to play; I'd want to find a player who wants to play a cleric before considering a second group. I have a lot of info on LegendKeeper; but they allow at most 10 users... so it might be that I give you access for 12 hours or so to let you read and see if the game is right for you and then let someone else use your slot.

Hello and Welcome to the Erolas campaign!

The party starts their adventure in the Kingdom of Galrenthia, three months after King Olmac died. The kingdom is mostly human, bordered on the east by the dwarven city-state of Tholmadur and the Gorgari (haunted) Forest to the west.

The church has seized on this change to implement stricter rules against the use of arcane magic. Wizards are viewed as a curse or a blessing depending what part of the realm you are travelling in. Where will the party stand on this issue and what allies and foes will they make in doing so?

DM’s Goal: To provide a rich world with interesting characters, locations, plots, and dungeons to explore. Give the party choices to make, with no predetermined right answer. The world should shape around what the party does or does not do.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    FG License: Ultimate

Game System: D&D 5e - Some Homebrew changes, homebrew world, see below

Time Zone: EST
    Day of week and time: Thursday - 8PM EST

New game, planned start date: Session zero - 3/3/2021
    (it is far from the end of the world to join on the 2nd, 3rd session)

Planned Duration & Frequency: At least twice a month, 4 hours per session... now leaning towards 3 times a month.
    Term: Long term campaign

Text or Voice: Voice
    Voice software used: Discord
    Will this be recorded and/or live streamed? No

Roleplay & Combat mix: Classic mix of role-play, combat and exploration, see below

Number of Players in game & needed: 4-6

Character starting level & equipment: 1st; equipment will be discussed at session 0.

Character restrictions: Will be discussed, see below

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I will be providing a google documents link by this weekend that will go into more detail about the world. Thank you for your interest.
    EDIT: Here is the link:
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing
    What I need from you:

1. What time block(s) are you available to play? I’m more inclined to set the time based on what works best for the players.
    2. Are you interested in longer sessions and/or more sessions per month? Be specific about what you would like. (Personally, if the game is good, I’d play all day).
    3. Does ‘down time activities’ between sessions interest you? This will mostly be resolved by one on one discussions on discord. Maybe a small play session with a subset of the party. Examples include but not limited to: a PC takes a job, makes some decisions, rolls on a few tables, resolves the outcome. 1-2 PCs go hunt for some animal part to either sell or use as a spell material component.
    4. What class do you want to play? What classes would you definitely NOT want to play?
    5. What tweaks to a class would you love to see that would make it interesting?
    6. I am wanting to make short/long rests and death rules a bit more ‘hardcore’. If you have any opinions let me know.
    7. Are you interested in also running a henchman if the opportunity presented itself?
    8. Everyone will say ‘a mix’ but what is more exciting for you, role play or combat? If a couple sessions were 80/20 roleplay/combat that lead up to the next couple sessions being almost exclusively a dungeon crawl, does that sound good to you?
    9. How do you feel about overland travel rules? An example: your goal is to get to the town of Hooberville. You can go one of three ways, with varying terrain to slow you down or much higher chance of running into some nasty creatures. You roll on tables based on your party make-up (rangers = good here), how fast the party wants to travel vs. go quietly, etc.

A couple screen shots from LegendKeeper
    LK Map.JPG
    LK Articles.JPG
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Erklimir; March 6th, 2021 at 04:21.

I'm interested. Sent you a PM.

2 here interested, maybe more. Pm me back

Good day. My friend and I are interested, and I've sent you a PM.

Cheers.

I thank you all for your interest. I talked to some of you via posts on this forum, others via discord, a couple via voice. (I can keep track of things easier via discord).

I compiled a list of players with available times to play and class interest.

I will work diligently tonight and tomorrow morning to get a google document available to you so you get more detail about what type of game I'm trying to run so you can get a clearer idea if it is a game for you.

Rough outline of what the document will have:

1. A meta discussion - how I view D&D as group storytelling where the party drives the narrative. The DM should present interesting locations, decisions, and NPCs with separate motivations.
    2. Some specifics about the world - I don't want to drown you in a wall of text but give you a flavor for the game
    3. My homebrew changes to classes, what classes are restricted, what races are restricted. Its all meant to hit a certain mood/flavor, not meant to limit choice for the sake of it.
    4. My homebrew changes on death rules and short/long rest. I want to slide the game a bit more in the old school 2nd Edition direction without sucking the fun out of it.

Any homebrew changes are up for discussion and changes; I'm not set in stone with any idea but you'll get a feel for the direction I going in. I don't want to get bogged down in combat rules; combat is a part of the game, not the game.

The party is currently full, thank you for your interest. If this style of game really hits your wheelhouse of what you are looking for, msg me on Discord Deathcoilz#7600 and I'll keep you in mind if a spot opens up or if I go nuts and start a second game in the coming weeks. - I added a picture of the world as of Feb28th to the original post.
    Last edited by Erklimir; February 28th, 2021 at 07:12.

3/3/2021 - I'm looking for one more player. I'm using LegendKeeper to store campaign information. I'm looking for people who really want to dive into a long term game and are excited to play; not take it or leave it players.

Contact me via discord. If you can't make tomorrow but can make next week, that works.

Sent PM and discord friend request from bluelion#0620
    Last edited by GLDavis; March 4th, 2021 at 17:59.

The party is currently full and we played our first session. However, depending upon interest I might open up a 2nd game in 2-3 weeks... I want to make sure I take nothing away from the primary group before starting a second. So if you are interested please pop me a msg on discord. let me know what class you want to play; I'd want to find a player who wants to play a cleric before considering a second group. I have a lot of info on LegendKeeper; but they allow at most 10 users... so it might be that I give you access for 12 hours or so to let you read and see if the game is right for you and then let someone else use your slot.

Thread Information