FG Spreadshirt Swag

FGU vs FGC: Effects

I have made several effects the players can apply by themself from their Actions tab on the charactersheet. Example: "Prone"; So if a player wants to drop prone they can do that, and when they stand up they click the same button to remove the prone effect.

FGC:
    Applying the same effect again removes it. e.g.: 1) apply prone = prone effect, 2) apply prone = prone goes away, 3) back to 1. it will toggle on/off...

FGU:
    Applying the same effect just adds another instance of it. e.g: 1) apply prone = prone effect, 2) apply prone = pc now has 2 prone effects, 3) for each more it just adds another one.

Please make the FGU behave like FGC in this instance. This is a bug, right?

FGC and FGU act exactly the same. In your scenario above if an effect is already on and you click it again then you get it again in both FGC and FGU. I suspect that you are using an extension in FGC which either doesn't work in FGU or you haven't installed it in FGU.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    FGC and FGU act exactly the same. In your scenario above if an effect is already on and you click it again then you get it again in both FGC and FGU. I suspect that you are using an extension in FGC which either doesn't work in FGU or you haven't installed it in FGU.
    Found the extension, "5e Combat Enhancer", which is no longer developed. Gives errors, etc. And not using it in FGU now either. But the part that apparantly still works is the effect removal if it allready exists.

Ok, not a bug in FGU/FGC then it seems, but this behaviour should be default in FGU/FGC (atleast a menu option to activate it).

Players can remove effects they've added to themselves from the effect entry in the combat tracker (CT).

Having a global setting to remove an effect which already exists when adding the same effect wouldn't apply to all situations - sometimes you will add another effect of the same type. To cover all possible situations, you need to manually remove the effect from the CT once it's applied.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    Players can remove effects they've added to themselves from the effect entry in the combat tracker (CT).

Having a global setting to remove an effect which already exists when adding the same effect wouldn't apply to all situations - sometimes you will add another effect of the same type. To cover all possible situations, you need to manually remove the effect from the CT once it's applied.
    I see what you write, and understand it. But after using it ithe other way (with a now non-functioning extension), I clearly have a different view. I would much better have an option that duplicate entries would not be allowed (i.e. toggle it instead), and instead in those few (in my mind) cases you describe we could either have an option to temporarly turn it off (or you can just edit the first effect by adding a letter or something (=no duplicate anymore)

Quote Originally Posted by Rino View Post
    I would much better have an option that duplicate entries would not be allowed (i.e. toggle it instead), and instead in those few (in my mind) cases you describe we could either have an option to temporarly turn it off (or you can just edit the first effect by adding a letter or something (=no duplicate anymore)
    That sounds pretty complex and prone to error - not a good idea to have that in the mainstream product.

Anyway, extensions allow customization of FG to do what you want. So my recommendation would be to look into taking the code from the old extension and make it do what you want in the current version of Fantasy Grounds. If you can't, or don't want to do that, and you think it's a major requirement for you, then please add a request in the FG wishlist here: https://fgapp.idea.informer.com/

Otherwise you'll have to use the built in functionality that allows a player to remove an effect they've added from directly within the Combat Tracker.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thread Information