STAR TREK 2d20
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

FGU crashes using 5E ruleset

If it will actually help, I can make all of the logs available for download.

Crash from a week ago ... relevant info from the Player-prev.log

================================================== ===============
    Got a SIGSEGV while executing native code. This usually indicates
    a fatal error in the mono runtime or one of the native libraries
    used by your application.
    ================================================== ===============

Caught fatal signal - signo:11 code:128 errno:0 addrnil)
    Obtained 3 stack frames.
    #0 0x007f2e2e2131e0 in funlockfile
    #1 0x007f2e2eaa07bd in std:air<std::_Rb_tree_iterator<int>, bool> std::_Rb_tree<int, int, std::_Identity<int>, std::less<int>, std::allocator<int> >::_M_insert_unique<int const&>(int const&)
    #2 (nil) in (Unknown)

Today's Crash ... relevant info from the Player-prev.log

Unloading 5 unused Assets to reduce memory usage. Loaded Objects now: 2928.
    Total: 7.651877 ms (FindLiveObjects: 0.287289 ms CreateObjectMapping: 0.041217 ms MarkObjects: 7.289418 ms DeleteObjects: 0.033623 ms)

[2/25/2021 2:42:15 PM] FGU: v4.0.10 ULTIMATE (2021-02-04)

(Filename: ./Runtime/Export/Debug/Debug.bindings.h Line: 35)

[2/25/2021 2:42:15 PM] OS: Linux 5.10 Fedora 33 64bit

[2/25/2021 2:42:15 PM] GRAPHICS: Radeon RX 580 Series (POLARIS10, DRM 3.40.0, 5.10.17-200.fc33.x86_64, LLVM 11.0.0) : 5871

[2/25/2021 2:42:15 PM] UI SCALE: 1.25

[2/25/2021 2:42:15 PM] USER: kalaolani

[2/25/2021 2:42:15 PM] Launcher scene starting.

Lobby: Could not resolve host 'lobby.fantasygrounds.com'

Fallback handler could not load library /home/david/.smiteworks/fantasygrounds/FantasyGrounds_Data/Mono/libKernel32
    Fallback handler could not load library /home/david/.smiteworks/fantasygrounds/FantasyGrounds_Data/Mono/libKernel32.so
    Fallback handler could not load library /home/david/.smiteworks/fantasygrounds/FantasyGrounds_Data/Mono/Kernel32
    Fallback handler could not load library /home/david/.smiteworks/fantasygrounds/FantasyGrounds_Data/Mono/libKernel32
    Fallback handler could not load library /home/david/.smiteworks/fantasygrounds/FantasyGrounds_Data/Mono/libKernel32.so
    FGUpdaterEngine path is /home/david/.smiteworks/fantasygrounds/FGUpdaterEngine/FGUpdaterEngine.x86_64
    [2/25/2021 2:42:20 PM] NETWORK STATUS: [Error]

Looking for update in /home/david/.smiteworks/fantasygrounds/FantasyGroundsUpdater_NEW
    /home/david/.smiteworks/fantasygrounds/FantasyGroundsUpdater_NEW not found
    Changing directory to /home/david/.smiteworks/fantasygrounds/FGUpdaterEngine
    Launching FGUpdaterEngine: /home/david/.smiteworks/fantasygrounds/FGUpdaterEngine/FGUpdaterEngine.x86_64 -c
    Found path: /home/david/.smiteworks/fantasygrounds/FGUpdaterEngine/FGUpdaterEngine.x86_64
    Loading in SingleInstance mode
    [2/25/2021 2:42:20 PM] Launcher scene exiting.

Blog Entries
    Please do include the full logs using the Compile Logs function. Details in the link in my signature.

As this is not happening (that I know) to others, there is something unique in your setup. Things like o/s, versions, extensions, rulesets and reproducible steps that cause the issue would help us help you identify the root cause and/or solution much quicker.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Seems that I'm one of the many waiting for Unity to become more stable. And, it seems that the issues are related to using drivers FGU installs ... .smiteworks/fantasygrounds/FantasyGrounds_Data/Mono/libKernel32 ... and using "too much" of the paid content (bought on FG's site) and/or FGU software at once ... like having 20 to 50 modules open where 20 are shared with players while trying to 20 to 30 windows open.

Another person who seems to have the same issues ... https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...y-issues/page5

If you want to know more about my setup and how I rule out "my setup" by testing fresh "setups" and reproduce ... https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...423#post575423 ... but it is SFRPG.

I keep hearing from people who seem to be FG employees or insiders that they know this is an issue. I just keep hoping that we get some communication about it.

Quote Originally Posted by kalaolani View Post
    Seems that I'm one of the many waiting for Unity to become more stable. And, it seems that the issues are related to using drivers FGU installs ... .smiteworks/fantasygrounds/FantasyGrounds_Data/Mono/libKernel32 ... and using "too much" of the paid content (bought on FG's site) and/or FGU software at once ... like having 20 to 50 modules open where 20 are shared with players while trying to 20 to 30 windows open.

Another person who seems to have the same issues ... https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...y-issues/page5

If you want to know more about my setup and how I rule out "my setup" by testing fresh "setups" and reproduce ... https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...423#post575423 ... but it is SFRPG.

I keep hearing from people who seem to be FG employees or insiders that they know this is an issue. I just keep hoping that we get some communication about it.
    Do you really need so many modules? (not to say anything against performance improvements) Just use the modules you need for the preparation, and unload anything else You may even unload some modules which you do not need for the live game (which you just needed for the preparation)

EDIT: And as LordEntrails mentioned, it might still be useful to upload the full log

We need the full logs to do any checking; as this includes machine information as well as information about the error, things loaded, etc.

Regards,
    JPG

Hi,

I have the same issue on LMDE 4 (Cinnamon 4.8.6), 5e ruleset: FGU crashes once in an hour or so. Usually this occurs when something is happening on the map with LOS enabled.
    I'm attaching logs, please let me know if you can somehow help with this issue, because it's quite upsetting having 3-4 crashes during the game session, it completely ruins the mood sometimes

UPD:
    Actually, I just left FGU running and went AFK for about 2 hours, and it crashed by itself with no interaction on my side and without anyone touching the PC at all. I'll attach logs for that as well (*crash2)

Thanks.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by ptapilin; March 28th, 2021 at 13:07.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ptapilin View Post
    Hi,

I have the same issue on LMDE 4 (Cinnamon 4.8.6), 5e ruleset: FGU crashes once in an hour or so. Usually this occurs when something is happening on the map with LOS enabled.
    I'm attaching logs, please let me know if you can somehow help with this issue, because it's quite upsetting having 3-4 crashes during the game session, it completely ruins the mood sometimes

UPD:
    Actually, I just left FGU running and went AFK for about 2 hours, and it crashed by itself with no interaction on my side and without anyone touching the PC at all. I'll attach logs for that as well (*crash2)

Thanks.
    Sounds like a Linux distro issue and I don't think that one is officially supported. But not knowledgeable enough to know.

Have you checked the Linux thread? Try seeing if it has any good info for you; https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...-Linux-Testing

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Thanks for the link, I'll check it.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...l=1#post584211

I'm continuing to get a crash while running Rime Frostmaiden. I didn't get server logs (which is Linux), but got a player to give me their logs (Windows 10), so posting here. Doesn't seem to be OS related as I've had it occur with server running in both Windows 10 and Linux.

Had a custom map open this time with no LOS, but did have Blizzard effect on. Occurred 2 hours 40 minutes into session. I was dragging a saving throw from NPC sheet and about to drop on PC token.
    Attached Files Attached Files

All I can see in the logs right now is a timeout disconnect on the player side.

* Can you clarify what you mean by "crash"?
    * Is the client crashing to desktop (completely unloaded), throwing errors, or returning to launcher? Or something else?
    * Did the GM client have problems first which killed the player connection; or did the player client have the problem?

If it's the GM machine, we need the GM logs, as the player logs won't have any details other than the fact the the GM client timed out.

Regards,
    JPG

Thread Information