DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Letters with Grave accents

I was looking for a little bit of assistance with Font encoding for FGU

I am making a custom Calendar for a future campaign using DONJON and for several characters within the names of months and day they have À,à,È,è,Ò,ò,Ù. I believe FGU uses ASCII/Unicode ISO-8859-1, can anyone confirm if these letters are available in the codeset

I have used https://mattekure.com/donjon2fg/ to turn the below code into a FGU suitable XML files for FGU.

does anyone know of a easy way to make the above letters compliant. i have a little experience editing XML files in notepad and just started using ATOM.

Dont worry i know the moons shown in the text below, arent available withing FGU's calenders. im only looking for months and days. And i would love to use Grave Accents for aesthetics over using double/long vowels

{"year_len":800,"events":1,"n_months":26,"month s":["Cli","Ùr","Latha","Teth","Samhradh","Adhair","Ghe alach","Beò","Gleann","Talamh","Òg","Bean Èildear","Ri teachd","Deas","Àrsaidh","Oidhche","Fuar","Geamhra dh","Teine","Ghrian","Marbh","Beinn","Uisge","Sean n","Cèile Leanabh","Seachad"],"month_len":{"Cli":16,"Ùr":32,"Latha":32,"Teth":3 2,"Samhradh":32,"Adhair":32,"Ghealach":32,"Beò":32 ,"Gleann":32,"Talamh":32,"Òg":32,"Bean Èildear":32,"Ri teachd":32,"Deas":16,"Àrsaidh":32,"Oidhche":32,"Fu ar":32,"Geamhradh":32,"Teine":32,"Ghrian":32,"Marb h":32,"Beinn":32,"Uisge":32,"Seann":32,"Cèile Leanabh":32,"Seachad":32},"week_len":8,"weekdays":["Aon","Dhà","Tri","Ceithir","Coig","Sia","Seachd", "Ochd"],"n_moons":8,"moons":["Rion","Nag","Pàrant","Mac","Nighean","Antaidh","U ncail","Bràthair"],"lunar_cyc":{"Rion":24,"Nag":56,"Pàrant":80,"Mac" :16,"Nighean":8,"Antaidh":64,"Uncail":72,"Bràthair ":40},"lunar_shf":{"Rion":8,"Nag":16,"Pàrant":24," Mac":0,"Nighean":0,"Antaidh":40,"Uncail":56,"Bràth air":32},"year":1,"first_day":0,"notes":{}}

Just at a quick look (I did not do a deep dive to double check everything), it looks like those characters are supported.

I don't think you can use the ALT+#### (in Windows anyway) to get type them, but you can copy/paste them.

Wiki link with character set, and W3 Schools.

Most of the characters you are wanting are 192 through 255.

The major issue that happened to some modules switching from FGC to FGU was using the Win-1252 characters from 127 though 159 as those do not exist in ISO-8859-1.

Here are the characters in CoreRPG (should work in any layered ruleset (copy/paste).

Quote Originally Posted by Sulimo View Post
    Just at a quick look (I did not do a deep dive to double check everything), it looks like those characters are supported.

I don't think you can use the ALT+#### (in Windows anyway) to get type them, but you can copy/paste them.

Wiki link with character set, and W3 Schools.

Most of the characters you are wanting are 192 through 255.

The major issue that happened to some modules switching from FGC to FGU was using the Win-1252 characters from 127 though 159 as those do not exist in ISO-8859-1.

Here are the characters in CoreRPG (should work in any layered ruleset (copy/paste).

Thank you for the assistance and quick confirmation that these characters do appear to be available, Im mostly hoping to try and add them on to the calender for names of days and months

ill have a play with the XML files and see if i can get it to work better

regards

Thread Information