STAR TREK 2d20
Page 2 of 2 First 12

Thread: Sharing Maps

Thanks for trying the items I listed and for providing the logs again. You should be able to share an image without the player opening the module that image is from.

What I do notice in both of the two player logs provided - the last file to be received on the player side before things seemed to stop was "Snowy bushes.jpg@AAW Games Map Pack Vol 3" - maybe there's an issue with this map, or the one being requested immediately after: "DarkFolkLair_VTT.jpg@AAW Games Map Pack Vol 4".

Could you try unsharing those two maps (click the (p) icon next to the image in the campaign data list) and then test with the same player - providing their console logs again please.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

OMG, seriously, that was it??

You are awesome - now back to setting it all back up - thank you SOOOOO much

Quote Originally Posted by arcanjl View Post
    OMG, seriously, that was it??
    I wonder which of the two caused the issue. I'll pass this info along to the devs - hopefully they can reproduce and get a fix that may help others with similar issues too.

Quote Originally Posted by arcanjl View Post
    You are awesome - now back to setting it all back up - thank you SOOOOO much
    You're very welcome. Thanks for taking the time to identify the root issue. Game on!
    Last edited by Trenloe; February 26th, 2021 at 16:49.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thanks to Trenloe for pointing out this thread.

Just a few pieces of information for everyone regarding behaviors:
    * The player clients will, once per session, send a file request for every asset to the host machine with a file hash.
    * If the file hash matches; then nothing further is done.
    * If the file hash fails; then the file asset will be sent to the player client.
    * This is reflected in the console logs currently; and they are typically updated almost immediately. (So, log compilation would catch any updates within seconds or less.)

I just tried sharing all possible maps in AAW Map Pack 1 and AAW Map Pack 4 over my LAN; and I did not receive any missing images. So, it seems like the asset file passing should be working as intended. While it could be possible that I don't have the exact scenario set up to catch this issue; missing asset file issues have usually been tracked to a security settings on the computer or router blocking high-burst traffic or specifically image/file transfer traffic. This seems to be supported by the fact that the player client is matching the GM client in the send/recv file messages in the log; and then the player suddenly stops receiving even though the GM is still sending. If that's the case, it could be that is just resolves during later connections, because less files are transferred in subsequent sessions.

Also, just a reminder whenever posting logs regarding network issues; please post both the GM and player logs together. We need to see both sides of the conversation when possible.

@arcanji,
    If it's not a security settings issues; I can try to test that locally by getting a copy of the campaign folder zipped up from you (via DropBox or Google Drive).

Regards,
    JPG

Thread Information