DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 2 of 18 First 123412 ... Last

Quote Originally Posted by bmos View Post
    This looks very promising! Perhaps pbs on non-point-blank-shot actors should be "range30" or something? pbs seems confusing in that scenario.
    I'll change that so it's a bit more clear.

I like the range penalties; I've never implemented them so far because I tend to code only things if they are then somewhat complete, in that case height is for example a missing feature in FG and its range. (of course not saying that your extension is incomplete more a problem of FG's distance calculation) But if I find time finally, then I want to enhance the height label extension to support height in the range increments I think, in combination with your extension, this would be very nice then

(and then I want to add AURA stuff etc., but for this I actually want to rework the effects' system for improving performance; so, this will take a while)
    Last edited by Kelrugem; February 27th, 2021 at 16:52.

I imagine that with a height given for attacker and/or target, it should be a simple geometric calculation to get the 3d-range from the 2d-range. For the flanking and shooting into melee modifiers, it would require a check that the target and the nearby ally were at the same height.

Quote Originally Posted by dogfisc View Post
    I imagine that with a height given for attacker and/or target, it should be a simple geometric calculation to get the 3d-range from the 2d-range. For the flanking and shooting into melee modifiers, it would require a check that the target and the nearby ally were at the same height.
    Yup, the math is easy I just never found time to implement it (though I do not want to use the Euclidean measure; I will use the same diagonal measure as in the 2d plane such that all dimensions use the same rule)

How would this extension interact with improved uncanny dodge (can't be flanked unless sneak attack levels are over a certain treshold) and monsters such as beholders (360° vision, can't be flanked)?

Quote Originally Posted by Asgurgolas View Post
    How would this extension interact with improved uncanny dodge (can't be flanked unless sneak attack levels are over a certain treshold) and monsters such as beholders (360° vision, can't be flanked)?
    Hmm, it wouldn't. I'll look at Improved Uncanny Dodge; it won't be hard to check for abilities like that, provided I can find them all. I'm not sure about beholders; since they're not in the bestiary, I don't know how that would be coded; is there another example like that? I'll look, but I don't know of any creatures like that offhand.

Pretty much any creature with the ability to avoid flanking, I'd say. Beholders just have all-around vision, so they just can't be flanked as they are able to easily cope with attack from any direction...

Swarms can't be flanked by definition

Formians with their hive mind (it states that "If one is aware of a particular danger, they all are. If one in a group is not flat-footed, none of them are. No formian in a group is considered flanked unless all of them are."

also Elementals Oozes, including Oozelike monsters such as the Phaeton Swarms; Xorns, Tojanidas and other creatures with All-Around Vision (Ex)
    creatures under the effect of the Ubiquitous Vision power.

The feat "Eyes in the Back of your Head" (altough this one only negates the +2 to attacks, you still can be sneak attacked)

Wearing a Robe of Eyes

and of course, improved uncanny dodge.

These are just a few, I'm sure more would pop out if we'd actually start browsing books on books :P

That is a good start. Hopefully the NPC records are consistent in how they note those abilities. I've a feeling it will be difficult to catch all the situations. For now as a workaround I'll remove the shooting-into-melee modifier button (since it's not really useful anymore) and replace it with "no-flank" or something like that.

I was looking at this ability, as I am working on my current module, and wondering if this extension could consider range increments and attack modifiers.

Hawkeye (Ex) At 2nd level, an archer gains a +1 bonus on Perception checks, and the range increment for any bow he uses increases by 5 feet. These bonuses increase by +1 and 5 additional feet for every 4 levels beyond 2nd. This ability replaces bravery.
    If compatibility worked with Kelrugem's extensions that would be awesome combo as a Wishlist.

These are the modules and extensions created and/or taken over by dellanx for PFRPG.

I had a lot of help and advice from many here at FG.

Thank You!

Quote Originally Posted by dellanx View Post
    I was looking at this ability, as I am working on my current module, and wondering if this extension could consider range increments and attack modifiers.

If compatibility worked with Kelrugem's extensions that would be awesome combo as a Wishlist.
    I have sadly not used this extension yet since I have not updated FG yet. But from what I understand about this awsome extension I do not see the benefit of what you are proposing. Just manually adjust the range increment in the weapon box in your action tab in the character sheet?
    This extension adds the penalty to range increments based on the "range" number in the weapon? (Again, as I understand it without having tried it yet)

Thread Information