DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 10 of 18 First ... 89101112 ... Last
    suggestion: rather than maintaining 2 of the roughly same ext, have flanking calculation as a toggle in options

sometimes I do use the flanking-calculation, but i have run into issues, things are adjacent does not automatically mean they grant flanking to an opposite partner

ie: an archer does not provide flanking for his allies as he does not threaten, same for creatures with 0 reach, etc

perhaps another option/button for removing it, if we know it will fire the calculation?

if range and range increment could be interpreted from the range field on the actions bar, or a weapon entry, rather than a static table , then things that extend range of certain weapons, like Hawkeye, could be handled correctly
    Last edited by Zygmunt Molotch; October 13th, 2021 at 12:50.

Quote Originally Posted by Zygmunt Molotch View Post
    suggestion: rather than maintaining 2 of the roughly same ext, have flanking calculation as a toggle in options
    as a reminder:
    Quote Originally Posted by bmos View Post
    Add this to onInit of a named script:
    Code:
    OptionsManager.registerOption2('AUTO_FLANK', false, 'option_header_game', 'opt_lab_autoflank', 'option_entry_cycler', 
    		{ labels = 'option_val_off', values = 'off', baselabel = 'option_val_on', baseval = 'on', default = 'on' })
    Then you can use
    Code:
    if OptionsManager.isOption('AUTO_FLANK', 'on') then
    to see if it is still enabled.

You can give the option a title by adding a string within <root><base> of extension.xml:
    Code:
    	<string name="opt_lab_autoflank">Automatic Flanking</string>
    I just made a pull request to make it really simple to add
    Tested and working.
    Last edited by bmos; October 13th, 2021 at 13:44.

Thanks @Bmos and @Zygmunt Molotch.
    I've just updated the extension in the first post:
    Removed separate version without flanking. There is now an option under "Game (GM)" to turn on/off automatic flanking calculation (thank you @Bmos)
    Added addtional modifer buttons and moved dice to the right to accomodate them (thank you @Zygmunt Molotch)

Now to figure out these GitHub and Forge things

Quote Originally Posted by dogfisc View Post
    Removed separate version without flanking. There is now an option under "Game (GM)" to turn on/off automatic flanking calculation (thank you @Bmos)
    Added addtional modifer buttons and moved dice to the right to accomodate them (thank you @Zygmunt Molotch)

There is likely to be a script error present in that version. I did not have a script-level variable initialized before onInit where I was trying to fill the variable.
    It's included in my last pull request of the day

Also, didn't say it earlier but welcome back!
    Can't wait to see what else you do with this extension.
    Last edited by bmos; October 13th, 2021 at 19:16.

Quote Originally Posted by Zygmunt Molotch View Post
    if range and range increment could be interpreted from the range field on the actions bar, or a weapon entry, rather than a static table , then things that extend range of certain weapons, like Hawkeye, could be handled correctly
    They are, but not for NPCs (since there is no range field).
    This is also right above where you could add an eleseif for the Net max increment change you mentioned.

If there was a version with only flanking, it could be used with other rulesets I would imagine (which would make me happy) :-)

Quote Originally Posted by kevininrussia View Post
    If there was a version with only flanking, it could be used with other rulesets I would imagine (which would make me happy) :-)
    I saw a version for 5e on DMSGuild a while back, but I don't know of any others. I'm also not sure how different the rules might be from PF1e to another ruleset.

I saw a version for 5e on DMSGuild a while back, but I don't know of any others. I'm also not sure how different the rules might be from PF1e to another ruleset.
    I modified that extension by Kent to work with 4E. It's old but works most of the time (but sometimes doesn't). Flanking is big in 4E so its a useful extension.

is there a way to do melee30, like rng30, a lot of fog spells have something like this. the way i would code it hehehe like this | IFT: CUSTOM(melee5);CONC; or IFT: CUSTOM(melee20);TCONC; the first one would over ride the second

Quote Originally Posted by Evion View Post
    is there a way to do melee30, like rng30, a lot of fog spells have something like this. the way i would code it hehehe like this | IFT: CUSTOM(melee5);CONC; or IFT: CUSTOM(melee20);TCONC; the first one would over ride the second
    Try the Aura extension.

Thread Information