DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 15 of 18 First ... 51314151617 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by dogfisc View Post
    I've updated this extention to fix the compatibility issue with Token Height Indicator.
    Will try today - as said: many thanks for digging into it together.

We have now tested in two extensive battles and flanking (and this sneak attacks) work well in all relevant cases. We found some edge cases in the last battle with flanking not recognized when
    A) The attacker overlaps half a box to the defender
    B) when attacking upwards someone flying 5' high, being flanked by a 10' high second attacker.
    C) we still need to check significant size changes - although there was a debate if the second attacker actually threatened the square (again: a half a box topic)
    Many thanks for fixing.

Quote Originally Posted by Arnagus View Post
    We have now tested in two extensive battles and flanking (and this sneak attacks) work well in all relevant cases. We found some edge cases in the last battle with flanking not recognized when
    A) The attacker overlaps half a box to the defender
    B) when attacking upwards someone flying 5' high, being flanked by a 10' high second attacker.
    C) we still need to check significant size changes - although there was a debate if the second attacker actually threatened the square (again: a half a box topic)
    Many thanks for fixing.
    I got a question about this overlapping boxes.
    Half overlapping should never occur, so there should not be any rules for flanking covering these cases. Or maybe I am misunderstanding something?

Overlapping boxes: according to the official 3.5e rules - no it should not. It is possible in FGU to have the tokens placed like that, and there is an old AD&D 2e rule/weapon proficiency on „close quarter fighting” (adopted from “Battlesystem Skirmishes” rules for square maps) which allow movement and attacks with S sized weapons which we adopted as house rule.

So you are right (and that’s why I call it “edge case”), overlapping tokens are not official. I suspect there is somewhere in the ext a “x<5” which I will need to find some day and change to “x<=5” ;-)

I suspect there is somewhere in the ext a “x<5” which I will need to find some day and change to “x<=5” ;-)
    Maybe this?
    https://github.com/Dogfisc/combat-mo....lua#L227-L234

That looks promising, I will play around with this.

Overlapping boxes: according to the official 3.5e rules - no it should not. It is possible in FGU to have the tokens placed like that, and there is an old AD&D 2e rule/weapon proficiency on „close quarter fighting” (adopted from “Battlesystem Skirmishes” rules for square maps) which allow movement and attacks with S sized weapons which we adopted as house rule.

So you are right (and that’s why I call it “edge case”), overlapping tokens are not official. I suspect there is somewhere in the ext a “x<5” which I will need to find some day and change to “x<=5” ;-)
    Interesting. In my game I never have tokens overlapping (except maybe when the party is going up/down stairs to a new map and I need to squeeze them in). I do wonder if it may also cause issues with very small creatures that don't threaten outside their own space. It may not, since it does look at reach, not just distance.

Quote Originally Posted by dogfisc View Post
    I do wonder if it may also cause issues with very small creatures that don't threaten outside their own space. It may not, since it does look at reach, not just distance.
    Need to check with our mage's cat familiar - can't remember if he ever put her in combat, and she surely does not have the proficiency. Would be a crazy setup... cat in-between the legs and thief gets sneak attack. :-D

I think I may have found a conflict between this extension and the Token Height Extension by GKEnialb (https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/67/view). In a campaign with only the aforementioned two extensions loaded, the flanking and Point Blank Shot functions seem to be working fine. However, the "shooting into melee" modifier is not applied automatically nor does the relevant modifier button in the lower left hand corner appear to do anything. In a fresh campaign with only the Combat Modifier Calculation Extension loaded, shooting into melee calculates as expected though the manual modifier button still doesn't work (it should be noted that all other modifier buttons seem to be working as intended).

Quote Originally Posted by Navigat0r View Post
    I think I may have found a conflict between this extension and the Token Height Extension by GKEnialb (https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/67/view). In a campaign with only the aforementioned two extensions loaded, the flanking and Point Blank Shot functions seem to be working fine. However, the "shooting into melee" modifier is not applied automatically nor does the relevant modifier button in the lower left hand corner appear to do anything. In a fresh campaign with only the Combat Modifier Calculation Extension loaded, shooting into melee calculates as expected though the manual modifier button still doesn't work (it should be noted that all other modifier buttons seem to be working as intended).
    Thanks, I’ll take a look.

Thread Information