STAR TREK 2d20
Page 18 of 18 First ... 8161718
    Quote Originally Posted by dogfisc View Post
    I had to treat neutrals as either allied or enemy for purposes of shooting into melee, so I went with allied (logic being that if you don’t know that they’re hostile, the preference should be to avoid accidentally hitting them). If you change the trap to the hostile faction it won’t get the shooting into melee penalty against units in the friendly faction.
    gotcha! makes sense. i'll do the work-around.
    -----
    roll dice. it builds character.

Quote Originally Posted by rmilmine View Post
    Look under your dice. You will see buttons there. move your dice out of the way and you willl find the buttons you are looking for.
    ook. i'll check it out. thx!
    -----

combat modifier extension.
    im getting an error.
    i think its with this module.
    on pathfinder my players get this message when attacking. in melee.

things are okayish if using ranged.....

i could do the attacks as the |GM all okay......

so for my entire session i had to do all attacks for my players.
    not just weapons....CMB rolls as well.....

if this image upload fails the error message reads.
    Handler error:sting "...ModifierCalculation:..attack_custom.lua]:478 attaempt to compare number with nil

if this is not correct place to report this...i posted in house of healing and was sort of directed to repost here i think.....
    cheeeeers wak
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by wakhere; January 17th, 2024 at 14:41. Reason: upload image

Quote Originally Posted by wakhere View Post
    [IMG]C:\Users\Admin\Downloads\unnamed.png[/IMG]
    hi. this won't work as it is reference-link to your pc.

go back and edit your post and use the "go advanced" edit button. you will see a "manage attachments" buttons below the text edit field.

hopefully you can figure out to upload visual there. good luck.
    -----

Quote Originally Posted by wakhere View Post
    Handler error:sting "...ModifierCalculation:..attack_custom.lua]:478 attaempt to compare number with nil
    I just responded to your PM but I'll put the same thing here in case anyone else has this issue.

I've found where this error is occurring, but I'm not entirely sure what is causing it. That line is comparing the distance between two tokens with their reach. One of those, distance or reach, doesn't have a value. Since distance is calculated based on the tokens' position on the grid, it's most likely that a token doesn't have a reach value in the database. If I remove the reach from a token I can reproduce the error, but I can't figure out how to do that using the normal interface (I had to manually edit the database).
    None of that explains why it would work for the GM but not the players.

I just uploaded a new build that checks for a missing value, and if so writes out a message in the chat. That should help pinpoint exactly what is causing it. The message will look like this:

s'missing reach for: ' | databasenode = { combattracker.list.id-00023 } | s'Test Monster'

Interesting idea you might already have thought of:
    Now that height is tracked natively, you could factor higher ground advantages into melee attacks.

Hi guys,

The PBS bonus isn't applying correctly to attacks on player side. It works after the first attack once the bonus has applied but it won't work on the first because the ATK bonus doesn't apply until after the attack is made. Me and my players speculate that the attack is occurring before the bonus is applied but it works correctly for me client side.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by FGMax; February 2nd, 2024 at 19:39. Reason: Added image

Quote Originally Posted by FGMax View Post
    Hi guys,

The PBS bonus isn't applying correctly to attacks on player side. It works after the first attack once the bonus has applied but it won't work on the first because the ATK bonus doesn't apply until after the attack is made. Me and my players speculate that the attack is occurring before the bonus is applied but it works correctly for me client side.
    I have also noticed that and posted this some time ago. https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...l=1#post651611
    Nobody else apparently had this problem, and it did not happen all the time for me. There is a problem with the effect not taking place before the attack roll even though it should

I just responded to your PM but I'll put the same thing here in case anyone else has this issue.

I've found where this error is occurring, but I'm not entirely sure what is causing it. That line is comparing the distance between two tokens with their reach. One of those, distance or reach, doesn't have a value. Since distance is calculated based on the tokens' position on the grid, it's most likely that a token doesn't have a reach value in the database. If I remove the reach from a token I can reproduce the error, but I can't figure out how to do that using the normal interface (I had to manually edit the database).
    None of that explains why it would work for the GM but not the players.

I just uploaded a new build that checks for a missing value, and if so writes out a message in the chat. That should help pinpoint exactly what is causing it. The message will look like this:

s'missing reach for: ' | databasenode = { combattracker.list.id-00023 } | s'Test Monster'
    Do we have some news about that?

Thread Information