Starfinder Playlist
Page 4 of 5 First ... 2345 Last

Thread: 5E Save Overlay

Quote Originally Posted by ColinBuckler View Post
    I have only just started looking at coding myself with FG and it has made me appreciate the amount of effort all extension writers put into their creations. There is a step learning curve to understand hooking into the existing routines as well as what routine does what as the code is not that well documented.

There are a number of mods that offer similar functionality with regards saves and death visuals on tokens - it is obviously a very popular configuration request by the user base.

With daddyogreman's 3 recent mods I have moved away from some of the older extensions that offer similar functionality which are in various states of flux - some of which are broken.

So many thanks for providing these extensions..
    Think I first cracked open an extension about two weeks ago so I'm a total noob myself!
    Yup, the learning curve is steep but I was driven by some extensions I used that fell out of maintenance and wanted to make some small, do only one thing thing extensions to replace some functionality I sorely missed and do it in a way anyone could contribute.

Quote Originally Posted by eporrini View Post
    @daddyogreman, I found my issue. I had Celestian’s Situational Awareness extension loaded and it has a couple of buttons on it that override yours. When I disabled it I can see your buttons (sort of). In my game, your “clear wounds” button is almost exactly on top of the “clear saves” button with just a sliver of exposure on the left. Not sure best how to handle button positioning.

I love having a command line save clear, so great addition there. I am also whole heartedly on board for players seeing the save overlay. A toggle would be perfect for those DMs that only want to see it themselves. Your recent extensions have been a godsend, I’m using all three and happy to have them. Many thanks!
    I fixed the nearly overlapping buttons. Have a download of the latest version of this extension and the wound overlays extension and you should see much better separating of the buttons

Quote Originally Posted by eporrini View Post
    @daddyogreman, I found my issue. I had Celestian’s Situational Awareness extension loaded and it has a couple of buttons on it that override yours. When I disabled it I can see your buttons (sort of). In my game, your “clear wounds” button is almost exactly on top of the “clear saves” button with just a sliver of exposure on the left. Not sure best how to handle button positioning.

I love having a command line save clear, so great addition there. I am also whole heartedly on board for players seeing the save overlay. A toggle would be perfect for those DMs that only want to see it themselves. Your recent extensions have been a godsend, I’m using all three and happy to have them. Many thanks!
    I just had a look at that extension and it rewrites the entire imagewindow_toolbar windowclass as opposed to doing a merge. That extension isn't going to play nice with any other extension that adds buttons to the image toolbar.

Release 1.1.0 is out. Download this specific version here. Or download the latest here.
    Per the CHANGELOG:
    Added
    Extension announcement text
    Added /clearSaveOverlays command to clear save overlays for everyone
    Menu option to clear save overlays automatically on combat turn end
    Menu option as to whether or not save overlays are visible to everyone or GM only

Changed
    Replaced User.isHost() with Session.IsHost

I have been looking at different ext to handle saves and I like this one but the graphic is very opaque and you lose sight of the token. Any way to make it more transparent so it merges more with the token? I would like to see the result and still see some of the token.

Also, do you display a different graphic for saves that still give half damage. The player did not fully pass so, a green check mark is a little of the mark.

Great work with the extension! I have been slowly moving to replace many of my old ext with your work, It is top notch!

Thanks!

I was wondering if you are planning to move this one to the Forge as well?

Quote Originally Posted by nephranka View Post
    I was wondering if you are planning to move this one to the Forge as well?
    Up on the forge now.

Quote Originally Posted by daddyogreman View Post
    Up on the forge now.
    Cool!

Quote Originally Posted by nephranka View Post
    I have been looking at different ext to handle saves and I like this one but the graphic is very opaque and you lose sight of the token. Any way to make it more transparent so it merges more with the token? I would like to see the result and still see some of the token.

Also, do you display a different graphic for saves that still give half damage. The player did not fully pass so, a green check mark is a little of the mark.

Thanks!
    Could give the icons a quick GIMP over to make them less opaque easily enough. I'll get to it at some point.

As far as the half damage - doesn't it display a yellow check mark for a partial success?
    I haven't even looked at this extension in awhile.

Quote Originally Posted by daddyogreman View Post
    Could give the icons a quick GIMP over to make them less opaque easily enough. I'll get to it at some point.

As far as the half damage - doesn't it display a yellow check mark for a partial success?
    I haven't even looked at this extension in awhile.
    I assume spells that have half damage if successfully saved would generate the partial overlay but that is not happening. They just get the green success overlay.

Edit: Here is an example of something less opaque. Thicker lines and a better check and it would fit good over the token.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by nephranka; October 16th, 2021 at 03:34.

Thread Information