Dungeons & Dragons 2024 Core Rulebooks Pre-Order

Where is the DB information kept?

I've been racking my brain, but I just can't find it. Where is the information defining the various types held? In the d20monsters.mod db.xml file, each monster is defined with

Code:
    <name type="string">Aboleth</name>
    <type type="string">Huge Aberration (Aquatic)</type>
    <hd type="string">8d8+40</hd>
    <speed type="string">10 ft. (2 squares), swim 60 ft.</speed>
    Etc.

Since these definitions won't do for my project, where is the information defined?

Emanuel

The "data field" descriptions are defined within the various windowclass definitions.

If you're using the default d20 ruleset, you won't have direct access to them (and its a bad idea to fiddle with them anyways).

To make a "copy" of the default ruleset, within the FGII install directory, there is a program called d20unpak.exe (or some such), double click on this, and it will create a folder within your Application Data folder called AEExamples. In there, it creates a ruleset folder that has the information you need.

Hope that makes some sense :S

V
    Vincent Kingston
    [email protected]

Done that already. I'm mucking around with a copy.

I found the windowclass definitions in reference_basicclasses.xml, but I don't see any reference to the monster database files.

Emanuel

I believe what you are looking for is in the d20monsters.mod file

Quote Originally Posted by Legba
    Done that already. I'm mucking around with a copy.

I found the windowclass definitions in reference_basicclasses.xml, but I don't see any reference to the monster database files.

Emanuel
    If you want to change the format for the monsters you need to edit adventure_npcs.xml and then match that format with how your db.xml or client.xml files are setup. There are also a few script files and other xml files that you may need to edit to drag and drop into the combat tracker correctly.

Thread Information