DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Manual Dice Entry with Table Roll

One of my players wants to incorporate a crafting system into our 5e game. I found one on Patreon, and the player has done a lot of work trying to bring it into FG Classic, creating a mod for me with the new items and tables for foraging for ingredients.

The problem is, the results of foraging depend on a player's roll, sometimes 1d20 at DISADV or up to 1d20+prof depending on circumstance. I want to be able to tell the table what the result is, so it can roll up the random ingredients into a nice parcel for me. I've tried using manual dice entry for this, but it does not intercept the initial table roll, just the first roll on the subtable.

Any thoughts out there from the experts? Is there a better way to handle this that doesn't require more bookkeeping on my part?

Thanks!

Blog Entries
    Have you tried using the modifier box and the DISADV button before rolling?

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    Have you tried using the modifier box and the DISADV button before rolling?
    I did try your suggestion, but it did not effect the table result.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mdemm View Post
    I did try your suggestion, but it did not effect the table result.
    ok, thanks for the feedback.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Adding a modifier to the modifier box certainly does add into the table roll as you can see from the attached. I added a 1 to the modifier and as you can see the result was a d4+1. For the advantage you could roll twice on the table and take the best result; there isn't a way to roll on a table with advantage. You may also find using a Story template might do the job for you. https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...tory-Templates
    Attached Images Attached Images
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

There's no real way to identify what are the good or better options on a table.

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    Adding a modifier to the modifier box certainly does add into the table roll as you can see from the attached. I added a 1 to the modifier and as you can see the result was a d4+1. For the advantage you could roll twice on the table and take the best result; there isn't a way to roll on a table with advantage. You may also find using a Story template might do the job for you. https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...tory-Templates
    My bad, I missed that the modifier was added to the table roll. ADV/DISADV did not affect it.

It looks like as long as there is a custom roll in the table field, Manual Dice Entry will intercept the roll. I did not have that in place before, MDE was only catching the subtable roll for some reason (see attached)

Custom Table Roll Blank.jpg Custom Table Roll d20.jpg

Maybe I can convince the player to try to build it as a story or story template going forward, it'll help with organization at least.

Thanks for the suggestions, everyone!

Thread Information